Don't want to sound conceited but...

Options
knowak82
knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
I really need some new friends.

Not to sound mean, but a lot of the MFP friends I have I found before I was enlightened by the EM2WL group...

Thought I'd browse though some of their diaries tonight out of sheer curiosity, and found that a bunch of them regularly net less than 1000 cals a day! EEK! I don't want to be mean and unfriend them, I can only hope to gently try to convert them from the "dark side" of eating too few cals...

In the meantime, I could really use some EM2WL friends to follow and share with on this journey!!! If you have room on your friends list for one more, please feel free to add me...I'm really low maintenance; I'd really just like to stalk your food diaries and see what kind of activities you do from day to day!:laugh:

Thanks everyone!!! This group is really the best thing since sliced bread...and I REALLY like bread. :bigsmile:

Oh, and for all you Star Wars fans out there, happy "May the 4th be with you" day!:tongue:

Replies

• lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Same with my friends. Then they all start whining about their plateaus and I get on my EM2WL soapbox... I've been trying convert people like crazy!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Lol, Ive been trying to convert my friends over as well.. Ive managed about 5 of them to think about eating more cals, and so far they are liking it:)
    And I always love new friends.. :)
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Hey guys you are always welcome to add me.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    thanks for the add :) I love love love eating more :)))
  • knowak82
    Options
    Thanks for the adds, ladies...we can do this! My new mantra is "stay the course"!!!
  • itwasntme
    itwasntme Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! Add me if you want, I love to support fellow eaters :-)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I've been converting people left and right, too!!!

It's such a shame when I read someone's status complaining about why they can't lose weight and then I read their diaries and see they're eating maybe 1300 calories a day and burning off 500 calories through exercise....and considering lowering their calories even more. I'm like, "EAT...EAT....EAT for the love of God, EAT!!!"
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I understand! I'd love to add you and others as well.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me because I can always use more supportive peeps in my life!

Anita
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I was one of the people starving themselves with no results...now I am eating and losing!
  • gypsybug
    gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you like. I'm always on the lookout for new pals and if it's a pal that believes in eating to live then all the better.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I eat plenty.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Sent you a request :) Anyone else feel free to add me if you like. I started eating more about two weeks ago and I think I'm over the initial period of gaining/maintaining and starting to lose!
  • jenngarza
    jenngarza Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OH feel free to add me!!! I am a newly converted to EMWL follower because it made sense..I dont feel like I am starving and you know what I work my butt off and I deserve to eat and not feel so weak or sore!!!! your body needs fuel to keep the fire burning and I am a firm believer now :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im so not scared to eat! :P
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Add me too. Trying to go this route if I can. Trying to eat healthy and what feels right without stressing too much.
  • knowak82
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for the adds!!! All of your support means the world to me :flowerforyou:
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Not conceited at all!! I'm MFP friends with my husband's cousin and noticed she had been netting WAY below 1000 cals, one day only 100 some!!! I had been explaining to my hubby about my EM2LW revelation and told him about her diary, which prompted him to confront her out of worry, which caused family drama and her accusing him of belittling her "success". DUMB!! I wish more people could understand!!!

Feel free to add me. :)