I feel gross

Options
BAtobe
BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
Eating this much, I mean. For so long, I have told myself to eat less and less and less and when I lost 65lbs, I was eating so little that I freaked and binged for about 4 months and then the scale said.... whoa, here is 15 back for ya! SO, here I am. I am fighting through the mental block, really I am. My protein is WAY more than I have ever consumed in my life, I am definitely satisfied. But I feel FULL around 1300 cals. I had to force myself to eat dinner last night and it was only 1 chicken breast and half of a Papa Murphys garden salad! Then I felt bloated and icky, and my net cals were only around 1100. Is this normal? To feel so full, like you can't eat that much and that you feel bloated and that you can't possibly lose this way? I am pushing through it because it makes total sense to me. Just wondering if I am alone.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Quite normal and then you get used to eating. I went through the same. Now I can't see how I evr ate 1200. I'm at 2200 and some days I could eat more!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I think I'm right there with you. I'm on week two of eating 1700 calories, and just finished my first week of lifting, and I think the psychological aspect is starting to catch up to me.

I feel bloated and fat, and I'm an apple shape so my focus is automatically drawn to my stomach...where I feel the most bloated and fat.

I was either an eat-myself-stupid-every-day person, or a 1300cal-until-I-binged dieter...on a sedentary schedule. I know I have probably damaged by metabolism and my body doesn't trust me, so I'm determined to keep going for at least two more weeks.

But. lord, it's so tempting to give in to the panic and eat less again.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Quite normal and then you get used to eating. I went through the same. Now I can't see how I evr ate 1200. I'm at 2200 and some days I could eat more!

^ this I was happy if I netted 1200 a day, how did I eat so little and not feel starved, now I feel like a bottomless pit some days.
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I was either an eat-myself-stupid-every-day person, or a 1300cal-until-I-binged dieter...on a sedentary schedule. I know I have probably damaged by metabolism and my body doesn't trust me, so I'm determined to keep going for at least two more weeks.

But. lord, it's so tempting to give in to the panic and eat less again.

Yes, this exactly!!
  • ashley67203
    ashley67203 Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm right there with you and wearing my fat pants today, again. Before I started eating more I didn't have sodium on my logging list. After getting all bloated I went back and looked at my sodium intake before and after upping my calories and found that with the extra eating I was getting something like 1500 extra milligrams of sodium a day. Now I'm working on keeping that down and I think it's starting to help with the bloating.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you are still eating the same foods as before it really is hard to increase the volume enough to meet those daily goals.

If you are currently eating reduced or no fat versions of healthy things, eat the 2% or full fat versions instead. I don't buy reduced fat cheese like I used to, and I frequently buy the 2% Greek yogurt instead of the 0%. Also, add in calorie dense foods that you might have been avoiding before...nuts, peanut butter, cheese. Lastly, start eating at more frequent intervals if you weren't one to do that already. Have a mid morning snack even if your not terribly hungry. Your body will get used to eating every three or so hours and will start getting hungry then on its own.

Eventually, you may just have the same problem I'm currently having of being CONSTANTLY hungry, LOL.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I've only been at this for about a week but for the first few days of eating more I felt incredibly full and bloated. I barely made it past 1500 calories on those days but now I'm hitting my goal (with room to spare...) so it WILL get better :) I feel so much better now that I'm eating normally. I look at some diaries that are set for 1200 calories and I just can't imagine getting by on that!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    it's taken me about 2-3 weeks to get used to each caloric increase. The first few days are always weird and I feel gigantic...but then I start to feel hungry again and my metabolism bumps up. I find that as I increase calories, I can increase my weight that I lift. Heavier weights = much much hungrier! I feel like I earn it now!