Girly man push-ups

Options
So today was my day 7 and I managed to do all the push-ups...the chick way. This is the hardest part to me. One day soon I will do real push-ups! How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Finished my day 7 with my wife this morning. Yes, we're doing this together, but we're in different groups. No soreness.
    You're still doing the pushups and still kicking it. Be proud!
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same as you! I am doing all of them on my knees. I don't feel like I can do "real" ones yet. But I do know it's helping because I can lift more in the gym. Also, I'm only using 3 lb weights. I tried 5 and they just about killed me.
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options
    I can't do the push ups on the floor bc I have a compacted disc in my back so I do them on a chair which is still pretty tough.
  • aasshhll33yy
    Options
    I got through push ups today for the first day too... the girly ones.. I try the "manly" push ups, and fail... I can do like 4 of them lol.. ughh, one day maybe, although even when i was in school and actually fit I couldn't do them so I'm not holding high hopes..
  • Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I'm also a member of the Girly Man Push-Ups club. I can usually complete 1 set and then I have to pause for a couple during the second set (I finished day 5 last night). I haven't even tried them the other way yet!

On a side note - is anyone thinking about taking a rest day? My left calf is KILLING me today for some reason. I kept waking up during the night to use the bathroom (thank you 8 glasses of water per day) and that leg was so still all night long. I'm thinking a day of rest might really do me some good....or is the best thing to work through the pain?? Thoughts???
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I still girly pushups which are a workout enough on my arms. I may attempt real ones sometime this week.

Kep2005 - Today was my day 7 and I actually took a rest day. My left calf, hip, and ankle were really hurting so I felt my body needed a day off.
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. The girly ones are still pretty tough for me so I'm satisfied with just doing all of them...which I hadn't done before today. :)

Kep - I would trust your instincts and if you think you need a day take it. You don't want to hurt yourself. So it might be better to take one day and then get back to it. Just my thoughts.

Way to go everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Girly push ups for me. I'm able to do almost all of them, and I know that's an improvement for me. I didn't have too much soreness, but I took the weekend off form 30DS because i didn't want to get bored. I did 6week 6pack and Zumba. It was fun, but I'll start back in tomorrow.
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud member of the Girly Push Up club! I count them, so I know that I'm improving. I try to push myself..they are so hard! I'm up to 16 on the first round and then 11 on the second. Although, I know I should be going down lower to the ground when I do. Baby pushes...baby pushes. :) It will shock the heck out of me if I am ever able to do a "real" push up.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I was so happy I could do all the girly push-ups! Lol. Those were one of the hardest things for me.