Sore knees :(

Options
I am only on day 3 and my knees are hurting from the squats/lunges. Is anyone else having the same problem? I am only doing the low impact excersizes for that area, but it is sitll sore. Does anyone have any advice or solutions for this?? Don't want to have to stop, but don't want to damage my knees either! :)

Replies

• lynsparkin
    lynsparkin Posts: 19
    Options
    me too, I've done 4 days now and my knees are killing today. Just after I finished the 4th one I got a shooting pain down the side of my left knee and when I woke up this morning they were both killing down the back. I'm going to have a rest day just to be on the safe side. I had to take pain killers this morning so i could take my kids to school.

I'm hoping it just soreness and not an actual injury.

Advice appreciated from anyone.
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes this is normal, i am on day 9! It gets easier but you have to listen to your body, i think your knees need a day off. i went 3 days and it hurt so bad, took a day off then started it again.
  • lynsparkin
    Options
    Brilliant thank you, good to know it's 'normal'

Back to it tomorrow hopefully.
    :smile:
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Listen listen listen....to your body.

When you begin any regimen the ligaments will stretch beyond your daily activity. Lateral and medial. Be careful. If you have a sharp pain during a movement...STOP...
    ALways ICE pain for 20, NEVER HEAT...

Also, feed your muscles. Without protien to recover you are depriving the body of repair mode....

So sorry you are hurting...OH HOW I KNOW THAT FEELING!!!
  • ajs2mf
    ajs2mf Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I woke up this morning, my knees were aching. I did a 15 minute stretch routine and they feel a bit better now. (We'll see how my workout goes this evening though.) I've been trying to do extra stretching everyday since starting 30 day shred because I really don't think the video has enough.
  • lynsparkin
    Options
    Listen listen listen....to your body.

When you begin any regimen the ligaments will stretch beyond your daily activity. Lateral and medial. Be careful. If you have a sharp pain during a movement...STOP...
    ALways ICE pain for 20, NEVER HEAT...

Also, feed your muscles. Without protien to recover you are depriving the body of repair mode....

So sorry you are hurting...OH HOW I KNOW THAT FEELING!!!

What protein do you have after your workouts and how soon after? My only concern is that I'm consuming extra calories if I have a shake afterwards. I do my exercise at night so I'd feel like I was having an extra meal.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My knees are sore too. I just took a few advil to see if that helps. I really want to do 30DS, but if it continues, I may have to take a day off.
  • lynsparkin
    Options
    My knees are sore too. I just took a few advil to see if that helps. I really want to do 30DS, but if it continues, I may have to take a day off.

I've ended up having two days off, they felt ok this morning but then I went swimming and my adrenaline junkie two year old wanted to go on the big slide about a thousand times and the stairs have crippled me. Back to it tomorrow. At least I did some exercise.
  • jcnut21
    jcnut21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try to really, really stretch when you are done - even more than what is at the end of the video. I'm in physical therapy school now, and my only complaint about the dvd is that she doesn't stretch nearly as long as you should. You should hold each stretch for about a minute, or until you don't feel it stretching anymore. If you are feeling sore the next day, it's probably DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). NSAID's can help with that, and so can ice (no longer than 15 minutes at a time!)

Hope this helps!
  • ashleymanclark
    Options
    Thanks guys, all very helpful comments! Also good to know I am not alone with the shakey knees! I am on day 6 now and they are starting to feel a bit stronger. I took one day off a couple of days ago and think that helped. I think keeping doing it every day and doing the low intensity excersizes is helping to strengthen them slowly. So glad I didn't have to stop, am loving it and feel great for doing it!! Shred! Shred! Shred!!!