frustrated

Options
FRUSTRATED
a bit frustrated... on a 1200 calorie, go to the gym for 6 days a week for an hour to hour 1/2 (spinning, zumba, full body workout abs, weights).... its been about 3 weeks only lost 3 weeks, the scale isnt budging...., not sure if its because im lifting weights also... everyone notices and tell me how great i look i just want to see it on the scale!!

Replies

• blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    if you want to see the number then you need to stop your weight training for a week, and if you are working out so much and only 1200calories you will not lose anymore because your body is starving, you must up your calories a bit. how about your water intake is it up? if so maybe check your salt intake.well try it for a few days and see what happens. good luck!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    if you want to see the number then you need to stop your weight training for a week, and if you are working out so much and only 1200calories you will not lose anymore because your body is starving, you must up your calories a bit. how about your water intake is it up? if so maybe check your salt intake.well try it for a few days and see what happens. good luck!

Agreed - You are not consuming enough calories....

Also - the scale is ***not*** an accurate method of weight loss so you need to consider changing your measuring-methods to a more legitimate determination of measurement. Consider a goal-outfit. Measuring tape is another more viable tool.

Weight fluctuates every day and that is what makes the scale a very poor tool of measurment.

Finally - the more stressed out you get, the more your body is encouraged to create cortisol - a nasty chemical that can greatly prevent weight loss- in fact it can contribute to weight gain.

Having patience is part of the weight loss journey as well.
    Good luck!

CramerNH
    LCDF Moderator
  • colombianita0304
    Options
    thank you... so i checked my bmi went from 28% to 24% in 3 weeks... even though weight on scale is the same... I will try and relax... and yes I am drinking a lot of water
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Agreed with what this ladies said.

I weighted myself April 27 and I won't weight in again until May 11. I also take my measurements. Dr. Atkins said in his first book, that one really should go by the tape measure, not the scales. There's too many variables to that.

1200 C and 1 to 1.5 hours at the gym 6 days a week, isn't enough calories. I'm not bragging but I eat about 1400-2000 calories a day and do 1:20-2 hours at the gym (mostly because I like the cardio high-:laugh: and the escape.) six days a weeks. I'm dropping around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds a week. In 12 weeks I've lost 32 pounds. I don't know if it's true, but it fuels your body and ups the metabolism.

I'm not sure of the science here. I'm not a doctor, but eat nothing processed, eat breakfast and try to eat small meals, but only when you're hungry. Dr. Atkins said that YOU MUST EAT BREAKFAST though.

Believe me, if I can do it, you can do it. At heart I'm lazy.