My new hero - Ido Portal - 15 years paleo

Options
MikeFlyMike
MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
I noticed a post on one of my fb newsfeeds.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=378714108837242&set=a.268839339824720.59969.191927830849205&type=1&theater

I looked up ido portal and friended his fanpage. He is my new idol. Not only is he a specimen of physical perfection, he gives immense thought to his fuel protocol.

He didn't come off as preaching, but will say, "you think you know better than me, take off your shirt and share your bloodwork".
I have been trolling much of what he posts.

I know what being primal has done for me in a few short months in total health. he is long term "proof" that there isn't a gotcha around the corner. Since no one will do a real study on paleo, we are stuck with anecdotal evidence. When someone posts a good result, naysayers call it an anomaly and that the future will hold different results.

I'm keeping this guys posts favorited. While I want to look like Mark Sisson when I'm his age, I want to move like Ido Portal now ;)

Replies

• kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just checked him out...

Wow. Just. Wow.

That's all I can say.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yea, my God, he's built like Bruce Lee! Some of his moves would kill my knees I think, but more power to him! Definitely a good inspiration to push myself a little further/harder with my workouts.
  • kaiman1
    kaiman1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Looks great, but he is also working out 6-8 hours a day :-)
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Looks great, but he is also working out 6-8 hours a day :-)

Exactly. He doesn't need to rely on grains and carbs et al like most high end athletes claim are required to sustain such intensity.
    Nonetheless, his high protein, high fat, high dietary cholesterol paleo diet hasn't resulted in bad cholesterol numbers.

Again, 15 years eating Paleo and not killing himself with a heart attack.