Excercise

Options
What kind of exercise are yall interested in doing?
I really like walking because its easy and you don't need tooooo much determination to get it done!
So shout out what your into!;)

Replies

• ycerino
    ycerino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think walking is easy and not so hard, so it's good! We gotta start off slow! I like sit ups because I want to make sure my stomach is getting some pain/workout! I'm thinking planking would be a beneficial for us to try out. I read a group that says to plank the first time and time it, and then evey day write why time you're doing your planking and see if you can hold out a little longer than the day before! That doesn't sound like a bad idea :) and I also like jumping jacks :)
  • judithcerino
    Options
    lol I was just gonna say the same thing as Yuri!!! But I was thinking instead of sit ups, crunches. And even though I hate arms planks with a passion, (I have no upper body strength!!!) its very helpful for your arms and core. Another exercise that is really good is called cherry pickers. You sit down, bend your knees and hold them above the ground for a minute and you move your arms to the left and rights of your side like you are picking cherries. :)
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls! May I join please? I get married June 16th so really need to step it up a gear this month! As for exercise, walking/jogging sounds great, I do a zumba class once a week which is great fun. Not too keen on planks as I have no arm/core strength either, but it would be interesting to time it every day to see how much we improve :) xx
  • Feffa
    Feffa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm joining. I have a goal -- in fact, the same goal as lottieloves85 -- June 16th! Got a banquet I'm going to and my gown "SCREAMS" when I put it on. Sooooo - here we go. I'll be checking in everyday with you guys. Good luck to US! YAAAAYYY US!!
  • Feffa
    Feffa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    P.S. - Exercising with walking, yoga, and turbo-fire (although inconsistently with all three). Will be picking up the pace to keep up with you folks. My Coach says 3500 = one pound. I'm tracking each 3500 calorie-reduction I do ... I guess by the week. Has anyone done that before and, if so, how did you track it? Thanks!
  • lika_ulm
    lika_ulm Posts: 10
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! it has helped me a bunch in the past :)

I have lost 4.6lbs since May 1st :) you can add me and we can motivate each other!!! WE CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • tconquest
    tconquest Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am in. I used to love working out but now I dread it. This is my way of getting back into it. I used to enjoy kickboxing so I may start there. I am also interested in Zumba. Best wishes to us all!
  • BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose two pounds a week. I have gained 25 pounds since my husband and I were married four years ago. If I don't reverse it, it will continue to get worse... now is my time to reclaim the athletic physique that I used to have, but this time in my 40s!

I love to jump rope to pandora Radio and do plyometrics.

Good luck and work hard!
  • BlackLabLover
    Options
    Hello Feffa, Here is is how I calculated what I needed to do: I obtained my BMR and multiplied it by the factor for a sedentary lifestyle (desk job). (I used Harris-Benedict, but I just saw that MyFitnessPal.com uses the Mifflin-St. Jeor equations. Apparently, Harris-Benedict overstates caloric intake by 5%, so I will make the change to Mifflin-St. Jeor equations. The ADA (American Dietetic Association) published a comparison of various equations in 2005 and found the Mifflin-St Jeor to be the most accurate.)

Please note: The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recommends that caloric intake never drop below 1200 calories per day for women or 1800 calories per day for men.

Here is my complete calculation (using the old Harris-Benedict equation):
    GOAL: LOSE 2 LBS/WK 1336 BMR X 1.2 Sedentary lifestyle factor =1,603 calories req'd each week to maintain - 1,200 daily caloric intake = 403 daily caloric deficit x 7 days per week =2,822 weekly caloric deficit on diet alone -7,000 calories in 2 pounds =(4,117) calories I need to burn to lose 2 lbs/wk / 7 days in a week =588 calories I need to burn each day to lose 2 lbs/wk I can do this!!!!!! 20 min jumprope in the AM 20 min jumprope in the PM Bonus deficit calories every other day upon rising: TrainerMat for Weight Loss exercises and plytometric workouts

I will post more about setting your Goal page in myfitnesspal.com to help you with tracking your built-in caloric deficit based on your actual goal of 1 pound/wk. The Calories* (*net calories) are a little deceiving since it tells you to eat more because you have worked out. I will show you how to factor in your calories burned into your daily calories, so you don't think you can eat more just because you worked out. I do that later this evening... hope this helps!
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i want to join also you can add me also. i walk but also do tapes in my living room . lets do this . TAmmy
  • Ettamom2248
    Options
    Hi team..I would love to join the Journey to get fit for June.

I just joined a fitness club and going for 2 days, off 1 day, and back on for 2 days.

I walk the treadmill at a brisk pace for 2-3 miles each day to get my cardio in.

I then work on the machines for legs on one day, and arms for the 2nd day...then I take a break for one day.

I just started about 10 days ago and find I was gaining weight at first...because muscle weighs more than fat. I just started seeing results in that last few day, and I am losing weight finally.

My company pays 50% per year on the cost of a gym, so I paid $400 for 2 years...so with reimbursement. of $200, it is only $100 per year...I am going to Urban Active and there are several locations in my area...I go to the one near my work during the week, on my way home, not even out of my way.

ON Sat/Sun if I go, I go down the street from my home...3 mile round trip. this location has a track you can walk around too...to get more variety out of your workout.

I really enjoy this and feel so much better each day now that I have convineced myself to get started.

I feel it is so much easier to eat healthy if you are putthing effort into a work out program...plays with the mind if you will...to keep you on track.

Good luck to everyone!!

Happy May-Workouts to get Fit for June!!!
  • climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! Can I join? I would really like to reach my goal by June or at least be very close. I have a photo shoot and I want to be super fit! I think ZUMBA is super fun for those that haven't tried it. I haven't been to a class in awhile but need to get my butt shaking if I want to burn some calories. Looking forward to this month!:wink:
  • beautifulone14
    beautifulone14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I want to join!!!!
  • taralynmartinez
    Options
    planking as in "planking"? lol
    I believe it is also referred to as "superman"?
    That is very good for strengthening the core!
    I think it is important to work out all of the body as a whole, but I am scared that I may lose interest if I try to do too much.
    It has happened several times!
  • taralynmartinez
    Options
    wow! I had no idea so many people would see this post! I think it is really great that we all want to better ourselves and I love the tips and advice we are getting! Today my goal is 6 laps at my local track which equals about 3 and half miles! By next Tuesday I should be walking 6 laps which is 5 miles! After that I think I am going to slowly start to jog a little at a time and see how long it takes me to be able to job a whole lap (1020 yards). When I am walking I will do twist(with my arms tucked in and held up and move from side to side) for a lap or more and I think it has already help smooth some of the back rolls and help trim up my sides!(:
  • BlackLabLover
    Options
    Feffa, let me know when look up your BMR. I think you want to lose a pound a week, is that right?
  • BlackLabLover
    Options
    For a fitness challenge, try this workout from jillian michaels... it's only 16 min long, but it kicked my butt! http://downloads.self.com/self/pdfs/jumpstart-workout-log.pdf
  • flipflopjulie
    Options
    Hi there everyone! Thanks for letting me join this group.... I look forward to motivating you all and being motivated by you. I have 50+ pounds to lose, and am about 15 pounds into my weight loss right now. I look forward to working really hard in May, so that I can celebrate my birthday in June and be much lighter. My birthday is June 25th and so I want to lose 25 pounds by the 25th. I only have 10 more to go, so I think that's doable. I hope to get halfway to my goal this month: 5 pounds or more gone in the month of May.

Good luck everyone!
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    iust oined, ope that's okay! Ihope to lose at least5 poundsthis month, I've ht a bit of a plateau, and I'm hoping to work out of that. Literally.
    So, I've been walking, but I might add some other things in because I need to start doing something different so I can get out of my slump!
    I suppose I could eat a little better to, but I figure one habit at a time is good.
  • skinnykimmy2013
    Options
    im doing p90x walking at the park julian micheal kick boxing and weights i hope to lose 15lbs by june 23 my 1 year anniversary. .we can do this guys .. lets just keep pushing