What's your REAL goal?

Options
js25698
js25698 Posts: 42 Member
I've lost (and found) quite a few pounds over the years BUT this time I refuse to let a number on the scale define who I am or how I am doing. It's just feedback. What I REALLY want is to not see a gut hanging over my pants when I look down and to run again (without feeling like I'm carrying a 30 lb dumbell with me). And if that takes me 3 months, or 4, or 5 what is the difference? It's not a race.

Replies

• Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Right now, I feel like I have on a fat suit. I feel slow and clunky. My ultimate goal is to get the fat suit off. I want to feel good in my own skin.
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    No more Moobage!
    Even when I had almost no luv handles I still had some chest fat.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'd like a waist again! I used to have one before I had a child (even as heavy as I was back then).
  • mlbrowninsc
    mlbrowninsc Posts: 22
    Options
    Would like to be able to perform moderate exercise and make some gains where everything doesn't hurt for days after, lol. Weight target is 180 (at 216 now), but really would be happy with anything under 200. Would also allow me to get back into some clothes that have been collecting dust in the closet.
  • OdysseyEpiphany
    Options
    I want to look and feel good, but mostly I want to avoid getting full blown diabetes and lower my cholesterol and blood pressure....oh yeah.....and manage job stress. Family history of diabetes. heart disease and arthritis has already started to surface and I am only 45. Both of my parents subsist on enough prescription medication to choke a horse. I know some of it is aging in general, but I prefer to start taking better care of myself now in hopes that I won't suffer as much as they are.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My real goal: to get leaner. I'd like a flatter stomach, more definition in my arms, and and a firmer back side. And like you said, if it takes a few months, I'm ok with that. I understand that this won't happen overnight.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    First off I recently stopped smoking March 18. Been separated 2yrs now.
    Have made some changes in my life. :wink: Want to lose about 30 lbs of fat, start to add muscle in it's place. :tongue: Tired of looking at my gut hanging over as well.:angry: Want to be around for my kids. The oldest just made me a proud PaPa.:drinker: I wanted to be more active outside of the job. Be healthy and join the living!:smokin:
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    My biggest goal is to get back my confidence 'in the bedroom' :embarassed:
    Putting on so much weight has left me feeling insecure with no confidence, and ive never been like that before with my hubby....so thats what really has motivated me.
    And....its working :wink:
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My REAL goals are,

Not to be out of breath playing with my grandson.
    To fit into clothes that I picked for the style not the size.
    To try to eat more fruit & veg more often, even after getting to my goal weight

5825327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I want to reach my goal weight of 125-130 lbs and have a flatter tummy. Plus fit into all the nice clothes I bought last summer.
  • Morena112101
    Options
    My Goal is To Weight 125 Again & Be Healthy So I can Enjoy Spending time with my Family And Specialty with my 20 Month old Granddaughter
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I want to look lean but muscular. A bit like Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

I'm almost there - just trying to get rid of enough fat to show muscle definition rather than just being slim. The issue for me is not to do a 5 minute flash of the goal but to be able to have the body I want until I am no longer interested in having it - in other words, it required a lifestyle change (in my case, monitoring my intake and regular exercise). It's not difficult as I know how much I'm eating and training but as I'm only going for a very minor daily calorie deficit, it requires a fair amount of patience and belief.
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I suppose my real goal is to be able to shop in any department (not plus size) and to reduce or get rid of a couple prescriptions. I've been overweight my whole life so I don't often think about "ultimate" goals.
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    I want to wear sundresses, and clothes that I like instead of clothes that hide.
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    I want to look good in a bikini. If I can do that by xmas 2012 I am heading for fun in the sun. I would like to shop the sales rack and find a bunch of deals cause there seems to be more regular clothes on sale then plus sizes. My current mini goal is to be able to do sit ups... I sarted a boot camp and I can't do a sit up unassisted.