Phase 1, Week 1 and 2

Options

Replies

• stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Whew. Workout 1... the only time I was wishing it would end soon was on the squats at the very beginning. They do them fast! I do feel great now, however, I am disappointed because I only burnt 254 calories in the 31 minutes of Workout 1. :( I've been doing JM workouts 5-6 days a week for the past year religiously, so maybe that's why this workout wasn't really challenging. Can't wait for the time when I yell at the TV for her to shut up :)

I only burned 192! That is very disappointing, so I think I'm adding weights to some of the moves next time.
  • stef827
    Options
    What is the best device to measure how many calories I burn during my work outs?

A heart rate monitor. You can get one for around $50 and they go up from there. I just got a $50 one from Walmart a few years ago and it still works fine. Mine has the watch and chest strap.
  • stef827
    Options

I'm starting the program on Monday.. but am curious, how many calories are you burning in Workout 1?
    [/quote]

I burned around 330 for workout 1 and about the same for workout 2.
    [/quote]

Just curious how much do you weigh? I only burned 192 during workout 1 today and I'm trying to figure out why it is so low. Thanks!
  • DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    For me personally, I burned 235 calories. I have over 100+ lbs to lose but I think the first time you complete the workout, its not at 110% because your watching the tv to see what comes next, etc. I find that once I do a workout a second time and have an idea of the flow of things, I burn a lot more calories. I'll let you know what I burn tomorrow for comparison =)
  • luoool
    luoool Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey y'all don't get discoureged I burnet 125 cal for workout 1 and 150 for workout 2
    it's not about the calories it's about training the muscle to burn fat for the next 48 hours
  • jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4. I have officially done workouts 1 and 2 as well as cardio 1. I must say that I was expecting cardio 1 to be a lot harder after reading all the reviews of it here. Not saying it was easy at all- I think you guys psyched me up about it haha.

I am LOVING this program so much. I was between this one and P90X (which I already owned) and decided to spend the money to start this one. I'm SO happy I did. I have been looking forward to working out every day because the workouts are fun and the cast is interesting. So happy with it.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Today is my Day 2 on Phase 1. I love Jill. She is the best. She is really mean! She is quite motivating and expects us to give our best. My burn was around 159 for Workout 1 and Workout 2. But, I know I did not push harded like Omar on the DVD... I want to get the form right and then I will try to perfect it.
    Currently, I am doing the "Reboot your Life" (juicing) and I am on Day 3. Once I am done with that program, I will do the JMBR Kickstart. Can't wait to shed all the lbs.

Cheers!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the program on Monday.. but am curious, how many calories are you burning in Workout 1?
    [/quote]

I burned around 330 for workout 1 and about the same for workout 2.
    [/quote]

Just curious how much do you weigh? I only burned 192 during workout 1 today and I'm trying to figure out why it is so low. Thanks!
    [/quote]

I'm in Week 1 (not doing kickstart) and average around 150 cals each for Workout 1, 2 and Cardio.

I wear a HRM, am 51 y/o, weigh 205 and 5'0".

If you're disappointed in the burn, bear in mind that it's only THIRTY minutes and as someone else said it's about training the muscle to burn LONGER than the workout.

I will admit that I was one who was disappointed on the first day but have since come to realize these things. On most days, Revolution is not my only workout.

ETA~ this is to respond to stef
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    For me, my calorie burns are about the same for all 3 workouts: around 350 (sometimes a bit higher). I am 5'7", 243 lbs., and a 37 year-old female.

For me, the workouts have not been "easy", but doable. I try to push myself, but I don't do all of the advanced moves, but try to add them when I can. I use a Polar F6 HRM and generally try to keep my heart rate high.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was pretty disappointed in my calorie burn for the first workout, just 181 calories. I use a heart rate monitor. Not really a bad burn since I'm used to seeing the number of calories burned based on an hour, but expected more for a JM workout. Also first time I've ever done one of her workouts. I am glad I was able to complete the workout, I was worried about that.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    This was my first week of BR and today I did back to back workouts 1 & 2 and burned a little more than 400 cals in the hour! I kept moving and using heavy weights to keep the heart rate up! I am liking this soooo far!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I am starting Jillian Michaels Body revolution again tomorrow on monday.Does any one want to join me.I did the first phase and stopped before. I had my sons wedding and my kids spring break.So I will be starting all over again tomorrow.I am really going to need motivation and support to finish it this time :smile:
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone iam on phase 1 2nd week my calories burn is about 300s to 400s for workout 1/2 iam 248lbs feel free to add me if you want
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Hi It's nice to meet you.Your doing great.
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Ok,I did Day 1/Phase 1/workout 1 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.I'm back on the map again.It feels real good to working out again to Body Revolution :happy:
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So I have been doing Phase 1 - Week 1 Kickstart and have followed the meal plan but have not had time to do 2 workouts each day. I have only done the morning workouts. Even with this method, I have lost 6 pounds already and I am only on day 6. I know the pounds will be harder to lose as the weeks progress, but I am thrilled to see some quick results.

The first day without sugar/sweeteners and processed cards resulted in a terrible headache, but luckily it was fine by day 2.

Workouts were manageable, but I know that the real work is coming.

Tomorrow is my rest day, but I am still going to get up early as I have been all week, and I will go for a walk.

I am making the commitment to myself to give this 90 days. I can't wait to see the difference it will make.
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Hi I'm glad your here with us :smile: .I'm looking forward to seeing the results too.I'm excited.
  • amhullihen
    amhullihen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thats what I thought to! I was actually able to do the advanced moves. :happy: With Jillian though I KNOW that won't last very long! :wink:
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    On week 2, week 1 was good; I LOATHE Cardio 1 though, but maybe that's because I suck at it :L

Didn't lose any weight for my first week because I was stupid, had a few beers and ate stupid greasy takeaway ):

But new week this week and I'm gonna kick its BUTT! :L

Hope everyone else is having more success! :D
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Ok,I did Jillian Michaels Body Revolution again today.Day 2 Phase 1/Workout 2.Consistency is the key.Yes I am a little sore.But not too bad.I can do it :happy: