Level 2

Options
MaryTheIceCube
MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
For those currently on Level 2 of RI30, discuss!

Replies

• MicahMaryLouise
    Options
    I just started level two yesterday and it's killer! My back and shoulders definatly can feel it! The cardio is great too just wish there was more cardio..
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. By level two do you mean week2? If so I'm on level two. All those planks are killer!! I was Soren places I have never been before. I did two days last week then stopped cause I was working a ll weekend. Illbe doing ttomorrow Thursday and Friday this week. Then off saturdaysunday the back on it Monday and Tuesday. Start week three Wednesday. It's been hard to convince myself to do it lately but once I do I am happy
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    First day of week two this morning...ouch! I'm already sore. Tomorrow is going to hurt. Those squat jumps!
  • danagettinfit
    danagettinfit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just previewed week 2... im gonna die!!!!! she says i wont, but i am seriously doubting her! So if this isn't edited to let y'all know i survived in an hour or so please call 911!
  • danagettinfit
    danagettinfit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just previewed week 2... im gonna die!!!!! she says i wont, but i am seriously doubting her! So if this isn't edited to let y'all know i survived in an hour or so please call 911!

I'm alive, but quite dazed! Just wanna say that i was kinda disappointed in level 1, not that it doesn't work up a good sweat, just not much of a challenge. Week two kicked my behind! Hope to get a lil more coordinated as the week goes on too. Pendulum lunges, WTH!
  • alilovesray
    alilovesray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HOLY PLANK!!!! Just started level 2 yesterday--- Its very hard core. There are certain moves that I couldn't even do modified. I felt so guilty as if I was letting Jillian down...but I stayed with it. MAYBE by day 7 of level 2-- I'll do it?? Who knows, but right now, its definitely kicking my butt (in a very good way)

Good luck everyone!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm on L2D2...and I agree it just went up 10 notches. For a second there I thought this was going to be a walk in the park....I think NOT! I had to put down my weights yesterday to get the form correctly. I'm still putting the weight down for some of the moves to get the proper form. I refuse to give up because something this hard has to be good....
  • kimharrison22
    kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 today and it was just what I needed! I was starting to get unmotivated over the weekend, and I was going to do week 1 today, since I missed yesterday. But I decided to go for it and do week 2 and I'm back in it! Hoping to stay super motivated this week!:bigsmile:
  • Miabear722
    Miabear722 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm a little further along on week 3 but just wanted to tell you all that if you can get through level 2, level 3 really isn't as bad. I don't know if that's because my strength is building or maybe level 3 is just easier. I did think level 2 was killer though...especially those plank jacks!!

Sorry, just realized there is a level 3 post on the next page!
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Just finished day 2. One day I'll be able to get through that first cardio set without resting! She says if your core needs rest to drop to your knees, but it's my shoulders that can't do it! All the plank kills me!

Does anyone wear a heart rate monitor while doing it? I wore one yesterday and it told me I only burned 80 cals! I thought that was baloney so I logged it as 150 -- I figured 300 cals an hour is closer to accurate.
  • lgtahoe
    Options
    Day 3 done, halfway through Level 2! Thank goodness because I think Jillian is most annoying in this one -- I even turned off the sound and put music on today.

Anyone else out there??
  • susanna060408
    susanna060408 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    She's definitely super annoying in this Level! I did L2D2 this morning and still can't believe how hard this level is. I came from doing the 30DS last month and Level 1 of RI30 seemed too easy, so I figured Level 2 would be a nice step up. Boy, was I wrong - it is harder than Level 3 of the 30 DS. I really enjoy it even though it is difficult, but wow. Scared to see how sore I will be tomorrow! I cannot believe how strong my arms and legs are getting - it is exciting to see myself transform from being soft to having some muscle!
  • jptacek
    jptacek Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm with everyone else here. Level 2 is soooooo much more difficult then week 1. My arms, shoulders - well basically all of my upper body is sore. I didn't think the cardio part was that hard at all. I kind of cheated - I just couldn't do anymore of those planks on the last cardio bit and I just did a high knee. I know - cheating, cheating. but I did it.
  • lgtahoe
    Options
    Level 2, done! I fell off schedule over the weekend and just got to day 4 of level 2 today, but it's done. On to Level 3 tomorrow!
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2, Day 2. The hardest part for me is the "ab hold" in the second set (I think it's the second set of weight intervals) - where you're sitting down with legs out straight and pushing up with your hands and then going into a table top position. It kills my wrists - I can't get much air between the floor and my butt. Oh well - it's a tough one but I'm going to get through it!
  • lgtahoe
    Options
    I'm on Level 2, Day 2. The hardest part for me is the "ab hold" in the second set (I think it's the second set of weight intervals) - where you're sitting down with legs out straight and pushing up with your hands and then going into a table top position. It kills my wrists - I can't get much air between the floor and my butt. Oh well - it's a tough one but I'm going to get through it!

The ab hold was hard on my wrists too, so I use larger hand weights on either side to hold -- they also allow me to lift a little higher to get my butt off the ground. There's an ab hold in level 3 too :(.
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options

The ab hold was hard on my wrists too, so I use larger hand weights on either side to hold -- they also allow me to lift a little higher to get my butt off the ground. There's an ab hold in level 3 too :(.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it a try and see if it helps!
  • SamanthaJ0310
    SamanthaJ0310 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All the plank work in L2 is hard but my abs are my main focus area where I want to lose. So I'm hoping all my hard work will pay off.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options
    Tomorrow I do my 7th day of Level 1. I'm afraid to start Level 2 after reading all these comments!!!!
  • iLinduh
    iLinduh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. Planks are killing my wrists and shoulders.

Also, is it just me or is Jillian super fixated on Shelly's (advanced minion) butt... awkward...