weight gained day after binge

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
did any of you ever make the mistake of weighing yourself the day after a big binge day? how much weight did you see on the scale. I was up 4 lb when i did that earlier this week. freaked me out... my next weigh in isn't until sunday but now i'm worried... also going through TOM right now so hoping that may have been some of the pre-TOM weight... so just wondering if any of you ever made the mistake and how much weight did you gain, seemingly overnight? did it go away next time?

Replies

• KadenSmile
    KadenSmile Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Yeah, I totally did that about a week ago, I weighed myself before the binge, and then again after the binge and the difference was 3lbs... luckily I lost it all again within a few days, but it really did scare the crap out of me.

How are you doing with binging now?
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh myself every day. Sometimes the morning after a binge I think I should probably stay off the scale but usually I don't. I usually gain about 2 lbs but it can vary - I've gained up to 4.5 overnight after a binge. It can be difficult but I try to take it with a grain of salt. It's usually water and undigested food (which can be heavy!) It's usually gone within a few days IF I'm back on track.

After Sunday and yesterday, I am up 4 lbs, 2lbs yesterday morning and 2 today. Assuming I stay on track, I'm pretty sure it will be gone by Friday. I can tell I'm puffy today which is definitely water and will go away shortly, based on my previous experience.

I think by Sunday you should be fine - no need to freak out! That usually pushes me further into the food for some goofy reason.
  • Abigaillee15
    Abigaillee15 Posts: 100
    Options
    Yeah, I like to put salt in the would the day after a binge.... I can be up as much as 7lbs! Then it slowly goes down a pound or two a day for a week or so.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Hey,

Yeah, I totally did that about a week ago, I weighed myself before the binge, and then again after the binge and the difference was 3lbs... luckily I lost it all again within a few days, but it really did scare the crap out of me.

How are you doing with binging now?

this was sunday morning right after a few bad days, friday was probably 2600 calories, saturday 2500... then i made the mistake of weighing monday and i was up 4 lb. i have done ok since then but not sure what will happen . also this was a few days before TOM so i am wondering if that has to do with it too. i guess we'll see on sunday. thanks for your support.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Yeah, I like to put salt in the would the day after a binge.... I can be up as much as 7lbs! Then it slowly goes down a pound or two a day for a week or so.

yeah i don't even know why i did it. i knew it would be high but i wasn't expecting 4 lb. i guess it was my way of bringing myself back to reality.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Yes, I weigh myself every day. Sometimes the morning after a binge I think I should probably stay off the scale but usually I don't. I usually gain about 2 lbs but it can vary - I've gained up to 4.5 overnight after a binge. It can be difficult but I try to take it with a grain of salt. It's usually water and undigested food (which can be heavy!) It's usually gone within a few days IF I'm back on track.

After Sunday and yesterday, I am up 4 lbs, 2lbs yesterday morning and 2 today. Assuming I stay on track, I'm pretty sure it will be gone by Friday. I can tell I'm puffy today which is definitely water and will go away shortly, based on my previous experience.

I think by Sunday you should be fine - no need to freak out! That usually pushes me further into the food for some goofy reason.

me too, freaking out seems to make it worse. i think some of it may be TOM so i guess i won't worry about it too much. i also did a quick calculation of the whole week and i should have maintained if my TDEE is around 2000 which i think it is.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    weighed in after a few binge days in a row ... was up 6#!!!! binged all weekend, and had a health check-up at work on monday. whoops! my blood pressure was up too, way high. Like "sit still for 15 min and we'll take it again, and if it hasn't gone down we're making you sign a paper that says we told you to go to the doctor before you keel over" high.

really, really shocked at first. (yes it's funny that I was shocked. what did I think would happen?!)

then I was mad. now I'm ignoring it. I am working on making decisions literally one meal at a time + some planning ahead.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to join us at below conversation thread for additional support:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/582481-may-june-bed-conversation-thread
  • TimmyTriedTooHard
    Options
    Easily 7-10lbs. Mine also comes back off 1-2lbs per day so long as i'm back to healthy eating.