DAILY CHECK IN

Options
PoppiSeed
PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
hello beautiful people!
it's 8h30 on a friday morning on my side of the world and the weather is gorgeous (cool&greyish):smile:
this morning i weighed in at 258.6lb (117.3kg), which is the same as yesterday's ...

i wish all you guys a beautiful weekend, and remember to drink lots of water, and choose healthier alternatives of your favorite foods!

A WARM WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS!!!!:smile:

Replies

• ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just a tip. You might not want to weigh yourself every morning. I refuse to because I can get so focused and discouraged about that number that it really alters my mood for a good part of the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. On top of the water and healthier choices try to some activity this weekend as well.
  • PoppiSeed
    Options
    Just a tip. You might not want to weigh yourself every morning. I refuse to because I can get so focused and discouraged about that number that it really alters my mood for a good part of the day.

I'm trying to get into the habit of weighing once a week, meaning, my next weigh in is Sunday morning... I'm taking my own advice of not freaking myself out and putting a lot of pressure on everything. Thanks
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My weight was 249.3. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I gained 3 pounds!!! No this happens a lot. I'm okay. just teasing.
  • PoppiSeed
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm now officially only weighing on Sunday mornings... (thanks for the tip ladybug8814) - I am so over being stressed (lol)

SW: 122kg / 268.9lb
    CW: 117.2kg / 258.4lb
    Total Loss: 5kg / 11lb

LiteBrite007, don't freak out about a number on the scale... weight fluctuates. "Just keep swimming" - Dory (Finding Nemo) lol
  • PoppiSeed
    Options
    Hello everyone. Hope you're all doing great, and reaching your personal targets
    This is turning out to be a very active week for me, and I've already put in 49 fitness minutes since yesterday and burnt 593 calories... (I know what you're thinking... big deal!:bigsmile: )... it is a big deal coz I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to exercise

I'm only concentrating on my meals and exercise, and NO weigh ins (only on Sunday mornings). I no longer feel as though I'm on edge lol:flowerforyou: have a beautiful day, all!
  • ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    maili---it is a big deal. Anytime we get up and move especially having 100 lbs to lose. It is an accomplishment. Way to go!!!!! I only weigh in every other week with my nutrientionalist because I get to hung up on what that numbers says and if it hasn't gone down or down as much as I think it should it really effects my outlook. So in my opinion you are concentrating on the correct things.

Go go girl.

I myself have started walking or doing the elliptical for an hour a day. Walking a 5k on Saturday. Just keep swimming.....:flowerforyou:
  • PoppiSeed
    Options
    thanks ladybug. the worst thing just happened... ToM
    i have the worst cramps, and the back ache is killing me... i can't do anything and i was so looking forward to working out this whole week. hopefully tomorrow will be better:ohwell:
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sue and I am new to the group. I weigh every other week and have been dieting well actually living a new lifestyle since 2/15/12 and have lost 29.2 pounds so far. I hope to make new friends and find encouragement in this group as I have a long way to go and over 200 pounds to lose. How do you attach your weight loss chart to your messages? If you want a new friend add me.:happy:
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sue and I am new to the group. I weigh every other week and have been dieting well actually living a new lifestyle since 2/15/12 and have lost 29.2 pounds so far. I hope to make new friends and find encouragement in this group as I have a long way to go and over 200 pounds to lose. How do you attach your weight loss chart to your messages? If you want a new friend add me.:happy:

I figured out how to add my chart!
  • SwoneySC
    SwoneySC Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Diane and have been using myfitnesspal for about a month and a half. I've been really discouraged lately. I generally don't stick to any kind of "lifestyle change" - usually by breakfast I've messed up and I don't even think about it again til the end of the day. So, I've found this site to be really helpful to make me more mindful of my eating, so I've done "better" with this than most efforts, but still, I'm just ready to be done with it all. I really enjoy exercise for the most part, but the diet change is not happening really much at all, so i think this is why I haven't been losing weight recently. I admit, I almost feel anxious at the thought of eating salad incessantly and giving up all my favorite foods... Have any of you found a way to take some of the pain out of this?
  • JAGWIRE13579
    Options
    Now I am not one to give advice on how to "stick to" a healthy eating plan but please don't eat just salad! I get depressed just thinking about that. I would rather eat two bites of a food I love than hate a giant salad. I think there is a place for salad and other veggies but we have to eat foods we like or what's the point?
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello, I came accross this board a while ago and then forgot about it! I just haven't learned how to use the forums and community stuff very well. Been doing good. I started couch to 5k training a few weeks ago! Kicking my hind end! The last 2 weeks I have not had any weight loss even though I have maintained my calories and am staying active... but, i feel different in my clothes and more people are noticing! going to concentrate more on the feeling of health rather than the number on the scale! haha. i will still probably do my weekly friday morning scale check though. have a great week. attack this week!
    shari
  • SwoneySC
    SwoneySC Posts: 6
    Options
    Trust me, I don't just eat salad! LOL! That would never happen! My husband is a picky eater - very thin, but he eats all junk. I would never have the will power to say "no" to all of it. I don't make my food diary available because I know I'm not eating healthy and would be embarrassed for people to see how I eat. I've been managing to stay under my calorie goal and the weight has started to come off again and I hit one of my mini-goals this week. I've been really heavy for 4 years now at 288, went to my doctor to get help and she gave me an upper - when I figured out what it was I stopped taking it, but it messed up my metabolism and I began to gain and went over 300. Now I'm finally close to hitting 288 again - when I see 287 I just might cry. :wink: I'm so glad I haven't had to become vegan or go to some crazy extremes to see the weight come off again. I'm trying not to buy as much pre-packaged food and make more homemade from scratch. Thanks for the encouragement though.

I could use some friends on here - so please feel free to add me - I'll be glad to encourage you as well. :smile:
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just a quick shout out, I have my blood pressure follow-up today with my MD. Have lost almost 30 lbs since last appt, so hoping maybe that will have been what i needed to get the bp down to a healthy range so that I can get off the meds. Wish me luck!
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just a quick shout out, I have my blood pressure follow-up today with my MD. Have lost almost 30 lbs since last appt, so hoping maybe that will have been what i needed to get the bp down to a healthy range so that I can get off the meds. Wish me luck!

How did the BP check in go?