Keeping a Diet while feeling depressed.

Options
amy12321
amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
I really don't feel like working out (except for running) and I keep eating too much and I don't really even feel like moving. It's been a rough week for me and it's been quite hard to stay on track. Does anyone have any ideas of how to stick to it? Ways I can plan better to not overeat on things that are REALLY high in fat like nut butters? Should I just go for a run and come back? I'm almost out of calories for today and it's not even 3pm.

Replies

• paskewie
    paskewie Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I am sorry you are having a rough go. Have you tried journaling or writing down some of your frustrations? I have found for me when I am having a rough time getting motivated or keeping going that writing or journaling about my day and what is going on sometimes helps me get it out of my system. It really helps me when I journal before bed, sleep on it, and then start fresh the next day. Also, always remember, there are going to be up days and down days. What's important is to do what feels right, but also remember you will feel better when you get up and get moving.
  • kkalanquin
    kkalanquin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've always found the best way to work through those down moments is to talk to someone. Once I've had a chance to vent the urge to overeat is out of my system. When I can't talk to someone I journal it. I've also heard that finding a hobby to avoid overeating can help. A friend of mine carries knitting in a bag wherever she goes so that she can keep her hands busy instead of turning to food. I hope this helps.