HI newbie

Options
I'm for Ohio and have always been an emotional eater. I would love support and help in this area of my life. thanks

Replies

• kerbear48185
    kerbear48185 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi HarleySweety I'm from Michigan and I've always been an emotional eater too. One of the reasons I joined MFP is so I can utitlize the online community to gain support in this area of my life. I'm trying to get tools that will help me turn to other things besides food in times of emotional distress. I'm trying to learn new ways of coping so that I can acheive my health and fitness goals without constantly battling my own self-sabatoging emotional habits . Hopefully we'll both find what we need!
  • kkalanquin
    kkalanquin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies. I've always been an emotional eater as well. Its never really mattered what emotion, either. I'm finally determined to learn how to deal with my emotions in a healthy matter instead of turning to food. Please friend me if you need the additional support. I'm easy to talk to and love to help.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies. I've always been an emotional eater as well. Its never really mattered what emotion, either. I'm finally determined to learn how to deal with my emotions in a healthy matter instead of turning to food. Please friend me if you need the additional support. I'm easy to talk to and love to help.

You hit the nail on the head when you said "it doesn't matter what emotion." I am also a newbie and an emotional eater. In the past I have starved myself due to stress and other times I have binged because of stress. I am at a very peaceful place in my life right now, so I want to find the tools to lose the weight and keep it off...and just be healthy! Hopefully, I can learn other ways to deal with stress from the people here.

Nice to meet you all!
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey, newish to this group..don't think I have posted her..
    am BIG emotional eater..Peanut Butter,
    Ben n Jerry's Pistachio ice Cream..
    ate 2 (TWO) pins the other night..
    the 2nd one did not even taste good,
    but I ate it anyway, WTHeck????
    I am having seriously hard time stopping eating,
    once I start..like I will eat 4 0r 5
    yogurts w/granola at 2 in the morning..
    HELP!!
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater as well. It is like sometimes I know i shouldn't eat more but I can't help it. :( I just got through another emotional eating episode and i think I'm over it now and hope to get back on track with my calorie counting. Im mostly and emotional eater when I'm sad, stressed or those days when i just can't seem to stop crying. The weird thing is, even when i'm eating an eating during these emotional episodes, the food doesn't even make me feel better! I feel even worse and guilty, so I don't know why i do it. Maybe just because its a habit???

anyways...I would love to become friends with other emotional eaters and be supportive of each other. :)