Where In the Philly Area do you live?

Options

Replies

• dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jen. I live in Montgomery County (Norristown area)

another "howdy neighbor." I'm 2 miles from Norristown.
  • lockedinpa
    Options
    Hello to both of you. my name is jack. i am in the Norristown area as well.
  • lsmtairy
    lsmtairy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I live in North West Philadelphia in Mt. Airy. I love my neighborhood, the diversity and how close it is to the Wisahickon trails.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I live in Bensalem in Bucks County, have been here about 10 years. Used to live in Montgomery Co for 16 years in Wyndmoor and Chestnut Hill.

Bensalem is a nice central location, has an incredible variety of neighborhoods, and also has a lot of mountain biking trails that I use as running trails. Tyler State Park has an awesome network of riding and walking trails, it's a real treasure right next to Newtown, only 15 minutes away.

I like it here, can you tell? :flowerforyou:
  • vbonina
    vbonina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ridley Township Delaware County
  • lsmtairy
    Options
    I am trying to get a regular group of people together on the weekends for hiking. Anyone interested? I would love to spend more time in the Wissahickon exploring many of the trails.
  • joanbip
    joanbip Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I live in the Art Museum Area. Right above Kelly Drive.
  • siberianex
    siberianex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here. I live in Bucks County.
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I live in SW Philly born and raised, me and my hubby want to buy a house in the burbs though, so we are working on that now.
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I live in bucks county..bristol/bensalem/levittown area. It's alright here..pretty quiet not much to do but i get around as much as I can :)
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I live in South Jersey, 7 miles outside of Philadelphia in Gloucester County.
  • nicew0
    nicew0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I live in Cheltenham, Montgomery County. Move here from Mt. Airy a few years ago. We rehabbed a house to have low impact on the environment. It's a nice area, not too far from the city. Good walking trails.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Montgomery County, about 8 minutes from Valley Forge National Park... Anyone up for a hike?
  • staceybiomed
    staceybiomed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Montgomery County in the Norristown/King of Prussia area.
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I live near King of Prussia for now. Planning on moving again soon, just not sure where too!
  • BabyRuthe
    BabyRuthe Posts: 8
    Options
    Born in the Olney section, lived there for 8 years until it got too sketchy, folks moved out to Bucks County, where I grew up, then moved out to Western PA for college, then lived in the D.C. area for 4 years, then moved to NYC for grad school, and now I'm almost back where I started, living in Mt. Airy. I like it a lot, I walk to work and take public transit or walk everywhere (cause I can't afford and don't want to deal with the hassles of a car!), it's not bad at all though it's a little on the boring side for a young single person - there's a lot of young families in the area, and I imagine it's ideal for them.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Buckingham - Bucks County
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hello to both of you. my name is jack. i am in the Norristown area as well.

My office is in King of Prussia/Bridgeport area but i drive a lot for my job taking me in and out of Norristown a few times/week. I live near Collegeville and go to the gym in that area.
  • lsmtairy
    Options
    I have lived in Philly since 1990. I have lived in Fairmount section of Philadelphia, Roxborough and now Mt. Airy. Love living in Mt. Airy for the diversity, location (I live right next door to the train station). I live within walking distance to the many trails in Fairmount park and not far from the restaurants and stores of Chestnut Hill.
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi.. originally from Toronto, Ontario but moved to this area in '95 for my then fiance / now husband - living in beautiful, historic Bucks County. We are in Fairless Hills but I work in KOP.. I love this area .. there is so much to do and I am close enough to some great shopping ..

Hey,
    I can relate with you. I am from Hamilton, Ontario and moved to Philadelphia in 2009 to be with my husband that I had met online and who was born and raised in Philadelphia.

Right now we are in Chinatown and I like it. It's close enough to everything that we can live without a car and it's safe.