Started today. I have questions and I need a buddy

Options
greencup13
greencup13 Posts: 20 Member
Hello! My name is Mandy and I did day one fit test today. Im 24f 5'7 254lbs doing the Keto diet and extremely out of shape. Im going to complete this. I have a few questions.

I had a hard time with the breathing. Sean T said to exhale every time you did a punch or kick or what not. I found my self exhaling every second but FORGETTING TO INHALE. I would then have to stop and catch my breath. Are there any pointers on learning how to breath for this type of cardio?

Also, is there a way to track your exercise on MFP with insanity? I tried typing into the exercise search "insanity' and nothing came up. Id really like to keep track on here.

I need some insanity buddies on here! Please please please add me. I need support and motivation!

Replies

• secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    ok, Well I just finished day 17.. but understand where u are comming from.. the fit test is a killer!! but um, DONT FORGET TO BREATH :) and DONT HOLD UR BREATH, that might be what u were doin too but idk.. Just follow his instructions the best u can.. also, the way I log them onto MFP is: type in the word insanity then it will say its not found.. after that scroll down till u see add a workout to database or sumthing like that.. then Retype in Insanity and put how many minutes you do it for Um, If u dont have a HRM just do what I do and log the lowest amount of calories u can burn with it.. and that is 40 minutes of Insanity will burn 390 calories.. then click save and it will always be there.. O and when u do like the recovery days just put in the time but lower the calorie burn to 160 since thats what u burn doin yoga so yea.. hope this helps and it will always be there when u want to log is :)
  • greencup13
    Options
    Thank you so much! That was a lot of helpful info!!! :smile:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Get a high intensity foam mat, it will save your knees. I got one at walmart for $18.
    On 1st month, I hardly do any jumping because I'm quite heavy for my height.
    It's more important to do it at correct form then how fast you can do.
    I don't think you can stick to Keto diet because you do need carbs for this work out.
    On the 1st month, I can work out 1st thing in morning
    but on the 2nd week -55 minutes dvd, I either have to eat before the work out or have some fast carb during the work out..
  • greencup13
    Options
    You dont need carbs for energy. Many fellow keto-ers have successfully done this workout.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ok, Well I just finished day 17.. but understand where u are comming from.. the fit test is a killer!! but um, DONT FORGET TO BREATH :) and DONT HOLD UR BREATH, that might be what u were doin too but idk.. Just follow his instructions the best u can.. also, the way I log them onto MFP is: type in the word insanity then it will say its not found.. after that scroll down till u see add a workout to database or sumthing like that.. then Retype in Insanity and put how many minutes you do it for Um, If u dont have a HRM just do what I do and log the lowest amount of calories u can burn with it.. and that is 40 minutes of Insanity will burn 390 calories.. then click save and it will always be there.. O and when u do like the recovery days just put in the time but lower the calorie burn to 160 since thats what u burn doin yoga so yea.. hope this helps and it will always be there when u want to log is :)

Or to be on the safe side, if you don't have an HRM...I'd log just 300 calories for the 40 min session. I only burn between 300-340 each workout, and about 140 on cardio recovery day...I have a Polar HRM. I wish I could burn the crazy amount of calories some people burn!
  • aVexedMind
    aVexedMind Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing to track calories from the Insanity workouts is manually measuring my heart rate during rests - when he tells you to, ^.^ I just count my pulse for 10 seconds, multiply it by 6. Then I use the HRM calculator here: http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx (I hope links show up here). Once I figure out the gross calories I burn, I like to go a step farther and go to the link for net calories. Gross calories is the calories you would have burned just by sitting around + the calories burned from exercise. So to figure out how many were burned just by your exercise, you need the net calories. So, for example, when I track day 2 plyometrics, I use 40 minutes. It's actually 42 but I round it down. As a female, 28, 118 lbs, 40 minutes @ 150 HRM, it says I burned 401. So then I go to the net calories link. Punch in that info, and the calories burned from purely exercise was about 360. It's really handy, considering we're all counting our calories. I hope that helps!