Tall guys?

Options
2»

Replies

• jfly2014
    jfly2014 Posts: 4
    Options
    Except for one, I have always dated men taller than me. Even my first boyfriend was taller than me... and we were in 8th grade, so that was surprising! :) I was already 5'9" in 8th grade, and my boyfriend was 5'11". My next boyfriend was my height... and I only kissed him sitting down. :) From there on out though they have all been 6'3" or above. My boyfriend right now is 6'6". I think all my boyfriends have been tall though because I met the majority of them through sports! Try hitting up some sporting events or the gymnasium and see what happens! :)
  • rosielw
    rosielw Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and all my previous boyfriends were my height or a few inches taller. One was even 4 inches shorter! But my husband is 6'5. I know what you are saying though, I've always figured it to be an intimidation thing. I mean one of my bosses actually asked me to not wear hells because I was already 2-3 inches taller than him wearing flats. (He was in the military and thought I should have listened to everything he said). Yeah, I made sure I wore heels around him.
  • according2lizz
    Options
    I've only dated guys taller than me...I'm 5'11" and athletic (played college bball) so I met most of them through athletics at college. My Dad and brothers are also 6'6" so it would just be weird to date someone shorter. Not to be shallow, but the physically attraction just isn't there with shorter guys. It's probably more of a confidence thing on my end. I want someone who will make me feel feminine ya know? And I agree, it does seem like taller guys always date the short chicks! lol but generally tall guys are athletic, so check out the gym or some sporting events! :)
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and all my previous boyfriends were my height or a few inches taller. One was even 4 inches shorter! But my husband is 6'5. I know what you are saying though, I've always figured it to be an intimidation thing. I mean one of my bosses actually asked me to not wear hells because I was already 2-3 inches taller than him wearing flats. (He was in the military and thought I should have listened to everything he said). Yeah, I made sure I wore heels around him.

This struck me as SO funny. :)
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm 5'10'', and I have a weird thing about not dating guys shorter than me - I'm not that superficial, but I like to feel protected and little sometimes, so a taller guy is a must. My previous boyfriends have all been between 6'0'' and 6'5''... current and most long-term boyfriend is 6'2''.

We're both tall, broad, quite blond, and really pale - we get brother/sister comments A LOT! :grumble:
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I find this idea that the height of a man determines how well he can protect pretty ridiculous. .

Tall guys may think or look like they have the strength in height but at the end of the day, if they lack the necessary skills they may as well be 2 feet tall.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 and currently in a 4 year relationship with a guy who is 6'9. I guess I never noticed he was super tall at first because I just liked him so much, but one day I was like wait a second..you are THAT much taller than me!!! Like another poster said, I come from a family of a 5'11 mom, a 6'3 dad, a 6'3 sister and a 6'4 football player brother...so maybe it is a 'comfort' thing.

All of my previous boyfriends/flings have been my height or taller. About half of them were within an inch of my height, and the other half are 6'6 and above.

I have noticed though that even the most GORGEOUS girls have bad luck with guys even when they are tall. I think it is because lots of guys feel less masculine around a taller girl.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Also, my cousin who is 6'9 married a girl who was 5'2. I remember thinking during the ceremony "HOW IN THE WORLD ARE THEY GOING TO KISS AT THE END?" Hahaha.

Ironically, the 5'2 girl is fitness guru Tracy Anderson. Holla!