I FINALLY found a solution to online dating!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Gionni
    Gionni Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My point is ... Online dating is stupid ! It's whole purpose is to give women the ability to reject men easier and build THEIR ego. So **** that I'm better than that ! I'm not gonna be a bulleye for 20 year old BORES that I probably couldn't even hold a conversation with. The last girl that I dated from OKC was so retarded we had to leave the restaurant I took her to because the menu NO PICURES on it!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are going to meet the smartest most quality people on a free dating site. I think you said in the past you tried match or eharmony, so maybe you have to pay for those again.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Want to know why the statistics come out that way? (My numbers aren't exactly right, but close enough to get the picture across)

1.) Men are more apt to make the first step and send an email.
    2.) The top 10% of females will receive messages from 80% of men.
    Therefore: the top 10% of women get swamped with email and the rest of us are pretty much ignored.
    3.) Women who DO make the first move, tend to message guys who are only interested in that top 10%

Lesson to be learned? Humans have high expectations and try to reach outside of their league. We're all victims of this process, and it's entirely ridiculous.
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    Options
    Do you WANT to view my inbox? Easy my *kitten*...

I know, right?

In between to 20-30 yrs old then :smile:

I'm 26 and I get a couple of emails a week- however some of them are not what I'm looking for or just odd for example- "I think I see you around town but I'm not very good- looking so you probably won't notice me" ( he has no photo and lives 30minutes away).
  • BelMckenzie
    Options
    I don't think you are going to meet the smartest most quality people on a free dating site. I think you said in the past you tried match or eharmony, so maybe you have to pay for those again.

Hey I'm on a free dating site (okc) and I consider myself smart and a quality person so I won't stereotype that.
  • 2stepz
    Options
    I finally took my "what I'm doing now" off of my profile, because evidently getting a PhD in engineering is too intimidating. I still MIGHT get one or two emails a month.
  • Gionni
    Options

I know, right?

I'm 26 and I get a couple of emails a week- however some of them are not what I'm looking for or just odd for example- "I think I see you around town but I'm not very good- looking so you probably won't notice me" ( he has no photo and lives 30minutes away).

Sounds like you have a stalker lol
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    2Stepz and Showgirl, I don't get it... You both look good and (from your comments in this forum) have a lot to offer. Seems to me you should at least be getting one decent contact a week (amidst tons of chaff). Maybe there's not a lot of guys where you are?
    I appreciate that. Well apparently being over 30 limits responses according to the guys here. I'm all shriveled up. Lol I'm in Los Angeles. Plenty of people, maybe too many to choose from. And probably a boatload of actress/models under 25 getting all the messages. I get if everyone is competing for that top 2%, then yeah they do have the pick of the litter so guys shouldn't be surprised if there aren't high responses. But for everyone but that 2%, it is not easy and can be very discouraging
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Want to know why the statistics come out that way? (My numbers aren't exactly right, but close enough to get the picture across)

1.) Men are more apt to make the first step and send an email.
    2.) The top 10% of females will receive messages from 80% of men.
    Therefore: the top 10% of women get swamped with email and the rest of us are pretty much ignored.
    3.) Women who DO make the first move, tend to message guys who are only interested in that top 10%

Lesson to be learned? Humans have high expectations and try to reach outside of their league. We're all victims of this process, and it's entirely ridiculous.

Yeah I get that, that makes sense.

I tend to be not one of those guys though, I know my limits haha. I push the boudries of league a little bit. Not to sound my own horn, but I would say I seem like a pretty good dude as in not a douche bag compared to other guys in my area. I get knocked back though 9/10 i'd say. I do some knocking back myself but not nearly as much as im on the receiving end of. I think internet dating is far more attraction based, I very rarely send a message to someone with out photo's or a girl Im not attracted too. Have done it before, to a profile, that was funny and had a lot in common, worked out well as she was gorgeous and had her photos hidden as she said on a later date she was getting way too much attention and I was the first guy to send her a message since she took her photos down.. Winning. Didnt work out though lol.
  • BelMckenzie
    Options

I know, right?

Sounds like you have a stalker lol

I took it as a bad attempt for a pick up line but it did come across as very creepy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Hey I'm on a free dating site (okc) and I consider myself smart and a quality person so I won't stereotype that.

Yeah maybe I wrote that wrong - I just think on pay sites, you have a higher quality of people generally speaking since you have to pay for it. It shows the people are willing to find a relationship, as opposed to just an easy five minute free sign up on another website like okc or pof.
  • 2stepz
    Options
    I had a similar message years ago... someone supposedly spotted me at a sushi restaurant in town and didn't want to introduce himself in front of my friends (coworkers), so he waited two days and messaged me on OKC.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Because guys have much lower standards, even a pig on OKC can get a guy to sleep with it.

With thinking like that, it's no wonder you;re single. :noway:
  • Gionni
    Options

Yeah maybe I wrote that wrong - I just think on pay sites, you have a higher quality of people generally speaking since you have to pay for it. It shows the people are willing to find a relationship, as opposed to just an easy five minute free sign up on another website like okc or pof.

Pay sites are worse.. You have everything bad about free sites but now your paying to be humiliated . I may as well put a gag ball in my mouth and go see a dominatrix to get my *kitten* beat with a wire hanger!
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I know, right?

Huh? I feel like I missed something...

I can only really talk from experience within my age group I guess. Ive been involved in online dating through my 20's on and off. Now at 29. I feel as if the girls in my age bracket, I woudlnt say spoiled for choice, but they have the upper hand. Girls I know, get soooo many messages, one girl Im friends with has gotten 50 messages in one day. I wouldnt have gotten 50 messages in 10 years!!!

You sure have lucky (and/or beautiful) friends, since I get email max once a month. I'm not on the site regularly though, but still.

Because guys have much lower standards, even a pig on OKC can get a guy to sleep with it.

And apparently I'm not even a pig :ohwell: (Not that I would be even trying to get one, not my thing)
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Momma said internet dating is the devil!!!!!!!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Here what I did .. I deleted all my online site profiles and unsubscribed to all emails . It's been 3 weeks and I don't think I've ever been happier. Online dating is terrible and is inherently disappointing for men. For women it's the opposite it seems... Because guys have much lower standards, even a pig on OKC can get a guy to sleep with it. Guys virtually parade themselves in front of semi attractive women, whom get the first right of refusal and without dignity! I hate people that are cowards and online dating has made it easier for people just like texting.

I really think deleting all my profiles raised my self esteem a few points and removed my good name from something that is so evil!
    Yep.
    I personally still have my profile, connect from time to time and let women message me - which rarely happen (I don't even do the first step anymore or very rarely - only if I find a very good profile, the message/response ratio is too low for a man, and it is higher for women so I let them do the work).
    I agree with the "pig thing" as well, but it's true in general in life (women have sex easier than men, they are the lowest common denominator).
    I think internet dating is far more attraction based, I very rarely send a message to someone with out photo's or a girl Im not attracted too.
    This I think is the reason.
    Plus the fact that you can browse instantly through 1000s of people and look for perfection, which normally wouldn't happen outside.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Online dating definitely has its downfalls, but when there is no other choice........it works.

I am not one of the girls that gets tons of messages daily, but I do find that if I spend a little time looking around on the site, I am more likely to get a message, because the more you are on, the more you show up in other searches. This is true for OKC and POF.

As for pay sites, I tried match years ago, and tried the free part of it and was getting like 3 emails a day ...just from match--not from person, and didn't like that, and eharmony was a joke---albeit an expensive joke.

So, if "real life" is an option for you, that is great--utilize it, but for some of us, online is the only way to meet anyone :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I really think deleting all my profiles raised my self esteem a few points and removed my good name from something that is so evil!

At least you gave it a try.

It's definitely not for everyone! I know a few couples that met online and one couple that are getting married this year :love: I also know that I have met a lot of freaky guys, heard some real horror stories and have got so frustrated that I've deleted my profile too. So its not just men that have a hard time. :noway:

Perhaps now you can try different things. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    unless you're a black woman, then you're pretty much the female equivalent of the guy who admits to be 5 feet tall online :laugh:

Whoa whoa whoa, what's with picking on the short guys?

(Of course, that's besides the fact what you say is true, admitting you're a short guy online is a wonderful way of staying alone)