ok to join in ?

Options
im new to this myfitnesspal stuff but it looks really really good , i have struggled with my weight since my late 20,s im now 36 ( oh lord ) and have decided no more ignoring the growing problem .I currently weigh in at 200lbs and would love to be at least 60lbs lighter ! so any tips and ideas would be so welcome , look forward to chatting with u all
sandy

Replies

• Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    im new to this myfitnesspal stuff but it looks really really good , i have struggled with my weight since my late 20,s im now 36 ( oh lord ) and have decided no more ignoring the growing problem .I currently weigh in at 200lbs and would love to be at least 60lbs lighter ! so any tips and ideas would be so welcome , look forward to chatting with u all
    sandy

Hi Sandy, welcome to the group and to mfp!, it's great to have you with us!

Just eating healthy clean foods and plenty of exercise and mostly water will do the trick.

What exercise regime are you doing at the moment?
  • getmeskinny4
    Options
    have just started to be able to do a 2 mile walk with my dog the last 3 days , was not able to do anything since dec due to a car accident that i hurt my pelvis in , but i am due to start a spinning class in 2 weeks time thats twice a week then another class that 20mins boxing 20mins bootcamp and 20mins spinning so hope that will up the weightloss for me
  • Naybelline
    Options
    have just started to be able to do a 2 mile walk with my dog the last 3 days , was not able to do anything since dec due to a car accident that i hurt my pelvis in , but i am due to start a spinning class in 2 weeks time thats twice a week then another class that 20mins boxing 20mins bootcamp and 20mins spinning so hope that will up the weightloss for me

Sounds great! that with eating properly and water, you'll be dropping the lbs! :)
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Also sorry to hear of your accident!
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan! That's a great exercise program. I could never jump in with that much in one week. I've been going at this for 5 months now and I still can barely get on the exercise bike once a week. I did the whole "gym every day" thing last time I tried to lose weight...I got burned out and gave up.

Water, water, water...watch your sodium (causes water retention)...and make good decisions about how you eat your calories.

You can customize your food diary so you can log your 6 meals a day individually. There's a link to how I have mine set up.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jdim1093?date=2012-05-08

Also, protein! Spread it out and eat some every two hours...especially in the morning. It helps you stay full and your body won't store it as fat.

Finally...and MOST IMPORTANT...NEVER GIVE UP! If you feel discouraged, reach out to one of us. Someone's been there before and can encourage you to get past your lulls. I've been through three myself in only 5 months.
  • jdim1093
    Options
    Also, don't forget to add yourself to our spreadsheet. For me it acts as an accountability tool. Keeps me honest and gives me weekly motivation.
  • getmeskinny4
    Options
    thanks for all that info ! i find if i just do the 3 training sesions a week im not thinking about it every day and trying to make myself do it , also its me time away from the house and kids , i started it in oct 11 and lost 11 lb up to the week before christmas so i know i enjoy it and will love going back

what is the spreadsheet and where can i find it ?????
  • Naybelline
    Options
    thanks for all that info ! i find if i just do the 3 training sesions a week im not thinking about it every day and trying to make myself do it , also its me time away from the house and kids , i started it in oct 11 and lost 11 lb up to the week before christmas so i know i enjoy it and will love going back

what is the spreadsheet and where can i find it ?????

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApkxnzF0X6A1dGl1R194UldQMU5VZHJXZ1lKNnd5NkE#gid=0

Just scroll down to the next available spot, click in the box and type your name in....
  • jdim1093
    Options
    This is also the spreadsheet:

http://tinyurl.com/6lsdqzm