Love sweating but hate sweating out my hair, what to do???

Options
charmingcee
charmingcee Posts: 32 Member
Hello all,
I am a newbie. Just started my weight loss journey 5/1/12!!!! Finding it very difficult to maintain my hair. When i work out, I don't perspire, I SWEAT! I have relaxed hair, shoulder length and almost always wear it down. does anyone have suggestions, tips????

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for a solution! I have been waring head bands and ponytails. Which is an improvement, but not perfect. I just got a Nike Headband, I am going to try it for my next workout.

http://www.6pm.com/nike-dri-fit-headband-womens-imperial-purple-desert-pink

Nicole Ari Parker created one called Save your do, but they have horrible customer service, I emails them and tweeted them with some questions and got no response. So I decided to write them off.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural girl but back when I was relaxed, I found that keeping my hair wrapped while i worked out was the best thing I could do. Maybe try getting some braids.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So many options...

Wear your hair up....

Wash your hair daily...

Buy one of those Save You "Do thingamajigs from saveyourdo.com...

Wear a braid/twist out...

I personally prefer to wear my hair in a bun...simple and hassle free.
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually wear my hair in a ponytail or pulled back with a clip. If I'm at home, I just wrap it.
  • charmingcee
    Options
    How did that Nike band work out for u???
  • charmingcee
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all your suggestions.
  • ebcevans
    ebcevans Posts: 2
    Options
    I jus wrap mines. A ponytail is good 2. u dnt wanna wash more than once a weak,shampoo can strip your hair
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Actually it is pretty good, I have been happy so far. I found that it is better to put it just past your hairline for best results. The baby hairs at the edges need a little help, but otherwise pretty good. When I positioned it further back, more sweat escaped and it was like my old headband.

I am doing a ponytail + the headband.
  • NaynerA
    NaynerA Posts: 2
    Options
    Same here. I have a sew in now, and I'm about ready to take it out and just rock my natural hair. I can always Co-wash and go after a workout.
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    I jus wrap mines. A ponytail is good 2. u dnt wanna wash more than once a weak,shampoo can strip your hair

I am natural but I wear my hair in a bun when I workout, this could work for you as well.

If you do decide you want to wash your hair more often, you can do a conditioner wash (Co-Wash) with a conditioner without Silicons and it is very helpful for the hair and scalp.
  • shellbee823
    shellbee823 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always wrap my hair and my mom rolls hers! We are naturals that wear our hair straight.

And we usually work out at home.

Since you are in the begining of your journey. I suggest you get braids or a sew in so that you hair is not a worry for you.

:)
  • JazzMaTazz21
    Options
    my question exactly..... Ill flat iron my hair and as soon as I work out, my roots are curly as ever.
  • jolaw27
    jolaw27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm natural so I usually rinse my hair after workouts. I sometimes keep my hair in small twists and pin it up for the most part. When i was relaxed ponytails and buns were my best friend though.
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I put my hair in a bun and put sometime of wrap around the edges, like a silk scarf, work out head band, or a bandanna or something. This seems to help the most. Also if my roots get really wet anyhow I wrap it really tight as soon as I am done and that has helped a lot as well.
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a weave so I just put it up and wear a sweat band so the sweat doesn't go in my eyes. When I had my hair relaxes I would put it in a ponytail and let it dry that way. I found doing that helps keep it straighter then all I would have to do when dry is wrap it and call it a night. Hope this helps
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know I'm all late, and I'm natural, but I hope this helps.

Found a pretty good article on this.

http://www.afrobella.com/2011/11/07/black-women-hair-and-exercise-tips-from-the-pros/
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My hair is my least worry when I'm trying to work out but maybe you could wear it in a bun.