what's your favorite horror genre?

Options
istalkzombies
istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
slasher/ghost/alien/psyological/thriller/suspense/comedy-horror/zombie/monster/creature/documentary style etc.....

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    favorite? I would have to say.... ghost story.

I love myself a great ghost story. Depending on the monster, a good monster story is seconded.

What are some examples of psycological or thrillers? I can think of a few, but they involve ghosts.. so I dont think thoseare right!

Don't Say A Word, What Lies Beneath, Wait Until Dark, Hide and Seek, Seceret Window etc...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I'm a ghost story fan.

I don't mind the other subgenres but nothing engages me like a good old mystery unravelling and nothing scares me more than a quiet, empty (perhaps?) house.

The best of them all - The Changeling.
  • istalkzombies
    Options

I love myself a great ghost story. Depending on the monster, a good monster story is seconded.

What are some examples of psycological or thrillers? I can think of a few, but they involve ghosts.. so I dont think thoseare right!

Don't Say A Word, What Lies Beneath, Wait Until Dark, Hide and Seek, Seceret Window etc...

• Mr_Cape219
    Options

Oh, then perhaps they arent my favorite types of movies haha. Is 1408 considered psycological? I really lreally liked that one!
  • istalkzombies
    Options

Oh, then perhaps they arent my favorite types of movies haha. Is 1408 considered psycological? I really lreally liked that one!

not sure I havent seen all of it I only saw part of it.

dammit I keep hitting edit instead of quote lol
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Haha oh! I was like "Woah ****. I am not writing this.. what gives!?" I had my own ghost expeirence now -
  • TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    I love a good splatter movie.
  • istalkzombies
    Options

Haha oh! I was like "Woah ****. I am not writing this.. what gives!?" I had my own ghost expeirence now -

lol I was all where'd my post go? then I saw it on teh bottom of yours and waslike DAMMIT
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood but what I've seen the most of is psychological horror - the Japanese do a great job of this. Something that messes with your head (Reincarnation, Audition, One Missed Call, The Grudge) - and often when it's remade in America it's not as scary or as good, with some exceptions.

Although a good gory movie is appreciated sometimes - Hostel still makes me cringe and I like it!
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    Depends on my mood but what I've seen the most of is psychological horror - the Japanese do a great job of this. Something that messes with your head (Reincarnation, Audition, One Missed Call, The Grudge) - and often when it's remade in America it's not as scary or as good, with some exceptions.

Although a good gory movie is appreciated sometimes - Hostel still makes me cringe and I like it!

I LOVE Hostel!, I havent seent he Japanese one but The Grudge to me is more ghost story than psychological
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

I LOVE Hostel!, I havent seent he Japanese one but The Grudge to me is more ghost story than psychological

I love Japanese horror. Wether it be ghost or psycological. I have seen all that you mentioned as well. Japanese have a great way of making their **** freeky.

I regret not seeing Hostel, but during Halloween Horror Nights in Hollywood, I went through a maze that was Hostel themed. It was more gory than anything. I figured if the movie was anything like the maze, then it was one gore fest that I probably shouldnt watch while eating spaghetti. I remember getting 'blood' squirted on my by a doctor tearing the flesh and muscle tissue from a guy strapped to a chair. Haunts me to this day because it was warm, scented, slimy water. I dont even want to talk about it anymore.
  • BexBlueye
    BexBlueye Posts: 5
    Options
    I love just about every subgenre within the horror realm but I am inclined to favor ghost stories and slasher flicks. I also enjoy things that deal with vampires, werewolves , witches etc..