How are you going to do it??

Options
2»

Replies

• snross1998
    snross1998 Posts: 24
    Options
    I work out Monday through Friday but my eating habits are bad so I don't see results on the scale. I plan on continuing my workout plan but changing my eating habits. Right now I workout for about an hour in the mornings, about 30 minutes on the eliptical machine then 30 minutes with weights/crunches to tone. I said I was going to add a Zumba class in on Thursday's and a Step class in on Saturday. With all this working out, if I get my eating habits under control I should be able to reach my goal weight.
  • IGOTJOY
    IGOTJOY Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there:

Water is so important for many different functions of the body. A nutritionist once advised that everyone's daily water requirement depends on the body weight. So, we are supposed to take our current weight and divide that number by 2. (Example: 150 pounds divided by 2 equals 75. Take that number (75 in this example) and convert it to ounces. So an individual weighing 150 pounds should be drinking 75 ounces of water everyday. That number may increase based on your state's climate and your physical activity level.

Sounds daunting, I know, but I currently weigh 201.6 and I'm supposed to drink 101 ounces of water daily which is about 12.5 cups. That's a lot of water but at the same time I know I'm doing my body good. Just my two cents...

SDRasta
  • IGOTJOY
    Options
    Lauren304-~

This is great motivation; thanks for sharing. I have a question for you, though. What type of carbs are you eating to keep your carb count <100 grams per day. I've been having oatmeal (1/2) cup most mornings of the week, but get so bored with it. I try to minimize carbs as much as possible, but honestly don't know what to eat. For dinner, maybe 2-3 nights out of the week, I will have 1 slice of toasted wheat bread if it's a night where I do cardio.

Any thoughts would help...

SDRasta!
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options
    Log my food--every morsel!
    Get enough sleep!
    Exercise daily! Starting a health fitness challenge through my husband's work that will require 51 minutes of daily activity.
    I already drink plenty of water :flowerforyou:
  • spingirl52
    spingirl52 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have always been fit as I work out daily - whether golfing, spin classes, lifting weights etc. I hope to add swimming to my routine also. So I know about fitness and health. I thought it might be interesting to enroll in this website to get me motivated more with others in the same situation. By comparing notes and talking about it more, it is like having a buddy system.
  • IGOTJOY
    Options
    Rowberta~

What is this insanity workout that I have been reading about on this thread? Sounds interesting!

SDRasta
  • meikab22
    meikab22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put a routine in place & stick to it. I do well at work even though I work in a restaurant. The cooks are very good about preparing my lunch a little healthier. It's when I get home to my 14 yr old & 6 month old baby that everything goes down hill. I will attemp to have available nutritious fresh snacks---staying away from the pantry--processed snacks.

I'll also make it a point to excercise at least 2 days a week after work before going home; because again... once I get home it's all downhill.
  • mgtemple
    mgtemple Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am going to log my food, go to spinning 3x's a week as well as do some other work out 3 other days a week (zumba, walking, strength training etc. ). I am also going to clean out the refrigerator and pantry to get rid of the temptations.

I'm making my grocery list now.

Need all the motivation I can get. I'm struggling to get off the 20 pounds I've gained since getting married!
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I guess I´m gonna keep on what I have been trying to do - just try to be better at it. I also decided to put in an extra day at the gym - if that doesn´t work I´ll put in one more work out.

So here is the plan

1. Limited carbs - especially after 15:00
    2. No free day - just one free meal + a little candy time each week (saturdays)
    3. 5-6 workout a week (plus biking to work every day and spend time playing with my kids)
    4. Stick to logging on MFP
    5. Drink lots of water.
    5. Get enough sleep!

I am also hoping my new Diet Capsules and CLA pills will help. Any experience with that?
  • cathe18
    cathe18 Posts: 13
    Options
    Zumba, zumba and more zumba!!! Great thing is when I listen to music can't help but do a few zumba moves! Look at my to loose pile of apples each time I loose weight I can eat one!!! Pin really bad photo of my fatty bits up so I can see it when I go to cupboard to get biscuit, cake or other food I am trying to avoid.

Hardest no wine until I have lost it!

FATTY BITS!!!!! LOL!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! Hope you don't mind but I am going to borrow this.... I've already got naughty bits... but I never thought of my fatty bits.... LOL!!!!

Thanks for the big smile!

:laugh:
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello there:

Water is so important for many different functions of the body. A nutritionist once advised that everyone's daily water requirement depends on the body weight. So, we are supposed to take our current weight and divide that number by 2. (Example: 150 pounds divided by 2 equals 75. Take that number (75 in this example) and convert it to ounces. So an individual weighing 150 pounds should be drinking 75 ounces of water everyday. That number may increase based on your state's climate and your physical activity level.

Sounds daunting, I know, but I currently weigh 201.6 and I'm supposed to drink 101 ounces of water daily which is about 12.5 cups. That's a lot of water but at the same time I know I'm doing my body good. Just my two cents...

SDRasta

Wow. At my weight, I would need to drink 1 1/2 GALLONS of water a day. I don't think I can do that. LOL
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1. Meditate
    2. Get enough sleep
    3. Log my calories instead of guessing
    4. Drink more water
    5. Start eating the way I did when i first began this journey last year
    6. More cardio and strength training
    7. Add more green veggies to meals.
    8. Cut down on carbs
    9. Stay on MFP for motivation and support

It's time for me to get serious. Summer's almost here and I didn't reach my first goal. I feel like such a failure but it's my fault. I was doing so well, thought I could give myself some slack. Well, since January I can say I haven't lost anything. Just losing and gaining the same 5lbs. Pitiful. I will do this!
  • mowery123
    mowery123 Posts: 7
    Options
    For the people doing the Insanity challenge how do you like it? I have always wanted to try it but I cant afford to spend a lot of money on work out videos.
  • lauren3040
    lauren3040 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If anyone has any questions about how I keep my carbs below 100, add me as a friend and check out my diary.

Mostly, I eat meat for every meal, I try to keep my protein above 100 grams a day, and I recently decided to up it to 120. I eat a lot of sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, chicken, cheese ( my fav is monterey jack because it has 7 grams of protein in 1 serving apposed to the 4 grams of protein that is in cheddar) I hardly ever eat bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes. I hardly ever eat cookies, cake, pie, or ice cream....unless its for a cheat. Most of the carbs I do eat are from the fruits and veggies I put in my juicer. Jucieng is a great way to get 4 servings of fruits and veggies every day. I recently hit a pleatu, so I began to eat whatever I wanted and not exercise for 5 days. Now, I am back already and have lost a pound.
  • LepaTee
    LepaTee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :wink: