Daily 5/9

Options
:bigsmile:
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
(G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, yesterday after dinner I could not be sated and ate All The Things in the house. I think it was part PMS, part raising of the calories (my body realizing it's hungry?). Either way, I went over by about 600 calories for the day, but at least I was honest and logged it all. At least only about half of that was junk. I tried all the usual tricks, water etc, but I just couldn't get anywhere close to full! Today is a new day!

I really wish this cold was gone. I wish coughing and nose-blowing counted as ab work, because then I'd have a six pack. :tongue:

I'm wearing a skirt that hasn't fit since last spring. It's my favorite one, I'm glad it fits again :bigsmile: I just hope I don't get TOO small for it! (how's that for positive thinking?)

Ok, have to get some work done before our morning meeting.

Hope everyone else has a lovely day!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Feeling pretty good today. I'm starting a boot camp class today at the Y (send the search and rescue them out for me if I don't report back tonight .). On top of that I joined a walking/jogging group and I'm suppose to me them at the park today at 7p :huh: . Well, lets see how this goes.

Enjoy your day!
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Congrats on the skirt. I'm trying to keep my focus on the positive right now.

I am starting what seems to be a lot of new things right now for someone who always has an excuse and an escape plan. My wife who has been a great source of hope of late continues to encourage me. My birthday is Friday. In the past i have bought nice running shoes as incentive to start running. I did use them to run... about 5 or 6 times, now i use them to mow the lawn. Monday i sucked it up, joined my wife's gym and began my C25K. She then game my my birthday present early, a new pair of running shoes. I am most confident that she didn't buy them until AFTER i signed up at the gym and went for my 1st run.

I am excited to get started on my NROLFM, but i need to get to the point that i understand what lifts need to be performed and how to perform them... Maybe Wednesday of next week. My schedule makes for Monday, Wednesday, Friday lifting. I have baseball games this Saturday and Tuesday. I want a little time to recover from my first lift to my next game... You can see how good i am with excuses. At least i plan to continue to run between now and then, trying to develop a habit.

Another challenge is to plan my days better. Susan has her whole week planned. I am just looking to see what i can add for the next meal, or a snack. I bother her enough with diet, so that one is wholly on me. ...and today i am going to Which Wich to get my free birthday Wich. With the gym today and mowing the lawn tonight i should be able to budget for that.

Thanks to all... I may not post a lot, but i look over Susan's shoulder a lot, and the community and support is very helpful.

-Bishop
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi all!

Not having such a good day today - bloody PMS, I just want to eat EVERYTHING! Managing to rein it in and keep things under control, just about! Debbie, I know exactly where you're coming from!! (Thought just crossed my mind: need chocolate! uh-oh, not good!) At least, with the meds I'm on, for me this is more a quarterly than a monthly event!

Haven't really done any "proper" exercise today - spent half an hour teaching four-year olds to swim, from the poolside, and walked a little bit; only rode my bike around the garden to see if the adjustments my husband had made were okay (5 minutes max), but I have done some additional housework - it's all moving, I suppose.

Need to have a major sort out and re-arrange tomorrow, and I've got Zumba class tomorrow evening, so it should be a high-burn day.

Got my son's teacher and educational pyschologist coming to see me on Friday, and we were meant to be going camping for the weekend, but the weather forecast looks a little bit cold and wet - final decision pending!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Hi!

Today is going pretty well for me. The scale continues to recover from the hiking gain, so I am hoping tomorrow will bring good news when I do an official weigh in.

I have been diligently working on tracking my food as precisely as possible. I also want to up my fruits and vegetable intake significantly this week. Just ran out to the store and got a whole fresh supply of fruit since our fruit bowl was looking a little old and moldy.

Last night I did a long walk with a friend. Nice and calm. I am feeling pretty refreshed now and ready to go back to weight lifting and more intense cardio at the gym. Whew.

I'll check back later,

Sara Grace
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    What a busy day! I was going non-stop at work all day and then straight to the gym. I am beat. I feel rather guilty, though, as I went on a little mini candy binge at work today. A very sweet older lady in one of our related departments brought in all of these mini chocolate bars that she bought some monster bag of from Costco and I keep grabbing one every time I'm near the bowl! Argh! I think I have enough calories to cover it, but it is such a waste of something better I could have eaten! And to make it worse I'm not even really a big fan of sweets, I'm just stress eating because they are there. Ah well, shower, dinner and then the couch for some relaxing for me tonight!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Not having such a good day today - bloody PMS, I just want to eat EVERYTHING! Managing to rein it in and keep things under control, just about! Debbie, I know exactly where you're coming from!! (Thought just crossed my mind: need chocolate! uh-oh, not good!) At least, with the meds I'm on, for me this is more a quarterly than a monthly event!

I am struggling with the same issue this week. Motivation is lacking and appetite is out of control. I really have to research how to get my hormones under control so that I don't wipe out once a month.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are all on the same cycle :laugh: Sorry guys!

I managed to not eat everything in sight today, phew!

Tomorrow is our anniversary (9 years!) so we're going out, but doing sushi :bigsmile: so it shouldn't be too bad calorie-wise.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

So I've been doing the new Jillian Michaels Body Revolution workout (for those who haven't seen the infomercials that are on pretty much constantly, it's like p90x...but Jillian, and you don't have to do pullups). I started the third month this week and I just have to say that my glutes are so sore that it hurts to sit in my comfy computer chair. Today was Cardio Level 3, which is basically high-intensity plyometrics (jump squats, jump lunges, burpees, squat thrusts, squat jacks, etc.) in 20-second intervals for 30 minutes. Ouch. :frown:

On the plus side, that burned almost 400 calories in 30 minutes, so, along with more gardening that I finished today, I DEFINITELY earned a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. And baked Cheetos. Not to eat at the same time (ew) :happy: