birthday cake/cupcake ideas

Options
kecarlto
kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
Oi, paleo people! A friend of mine has asked me to make a paleo birthday cake or cupcakes for her boy's birthday party this weekend. He will be two so he probably won't like any weird flavor combos (mocha/lime for instance). Has anyone made baked goods that turned out well or know of any good recipes? I made a shortcake last week that tasted great but was much too dense to be birthday cake. Any suggestions?

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I haven't had very much luck with the few pure paleo baked goods I have made...

the only thing I have made that were rocking good were these - http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-brownies/
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have heard of chocolate chip cookie dough dip that's made with chick peas. I do not know the other ingredients though.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/cameragirl/paleo/

Try these various links on this person's Pinterest
  • rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    try elenaspantry.com... something like that. she is gluten free and does a ton a paleo stuff. She has some very very good stuff on there.
  • kecarlto
    Options
    Thank you! I will check all of these and do some experimenting!
  • kecarlto
    Options
    I did some research and found a ton of good recipes. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I decided on the brown velvet cupcake recipe I found on paleoparents.com. They were moist and delicious the first day, ok the second day and dry if left without frosting after that. They were made with coconut flour which is quite absorbent so I will definitely slap some frosting on them right away if I make them again.

I tried out the "creamy not cheese frosting" that is posted with this recipe (made out of cashews). It was ok - has apple cider vinegar in it and I thought the flavor was a bit overpowering so I left most of the cupcakes unfrosted. Not the best substitution for cream cheese frosting but interesting and fun to make.

I am glad to know there are ways to make paleo treats that are very festive and much healthier.