Level 2 opinions

Options
astina10
astina10 Posts: 28 Member
30 ds Level 2, day one was completed! Ok so here's my personal opinion. I liked that I felt it worked my abs a little more. I wasn't so crazy about some of the other moves. I think I sweated more (didn't think it was possible). After I was done, I went back to see the form a little more on a few, just to make sure I am doing it correctly. I am not sore like I was with level one, but I had to remind myself, that I have came so far since that day, so it's not a bad thing that I'm not as sore. Anyone else done level 2 yet?

Replies

• Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 yesterday. I like it A LOT more than Level 2. I feel like I can do the exercises better and I just feel like I'm getting a better workout. I also like the cardio segments a lot better in Level 2. I've known a lot of people that don't like all of the plank exercises, but I enjoy them. For some reason, I just got really bored with level 1 really quickly.
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did Level 2 Day 1 today. I liked it a lot. Sick of jumping jacks. The planks are really hard for me, but I know they are working me. I did modified squat thrusts. They are just too much for my knees. According to the HRM, about the same calories burned as level 1. I think I will definitely feel the strength moves in the morning. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout!
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So, I said I liked Level 2 after I did one day of it. I went back to Level 1 yesterday, mainly so I could listen to my own music while I did it. I tried Level 2 again today and decided that I hate it..ha! It's stinking hard with those plank moves!! Just like Level 1 though, I know I will progress...I hope. ;)
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love level 2. I switched today. It is hard. I was dripping sweat from the first move, but I know that it is working.
  • kwheelock
    kwheelock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just completed 10 days of level 2 a couple days ago and let me tell you I'm SO glad I'm done with that one! It was definitely tough. I modified several of the moves most of the time each day I worked out. It really killed my shoulders and the planks were really tough for me (as my shoulders were on fire ALL the time). Although I did drip sweat a lot more than level 1, I also needed to pause a few times when doing some of the moves just to take a breather...it was really hard to push myself much past what I was already struggling to do. I've done 2 days of level 3 and though it is the toughest, I like it a lot more. I actually told my husband today that after I'm done with the 30 Day Shred I think I'd like to throw it in for level 1 and level 3 every once and awhile for variety.

In all honesty, while doing level 2 it was hard for me stay motivated because I didn't care for it. But with all the willpower I think I have, I stuck it out and completed it. It will go by quickly, just keep with it :)
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    First day of level 2 today. Sweated my butt off. I stuck with it though. I had to modify a couple of the plank position moves but I think I like level 2. I was starting to get bored with level 1.

Oh those squat - V arm raises...my shoulders were on fire! :)
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    First Day of Level 2: All I have to say is, "Sadism....Thy name is Jillian Michaels"

Seriously, It was tough, but damn it is good! Buckets o' Sweat. I don't need a mat under me, but a sponge.

The last ab circuit in plank mode is going to take a session or two to master the form properly, but the cardio is far more fun. Can't wait to tomorrow.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    First day of level 2 today. Sweated my butt off. I stuck with it though. I had to modify a couple of the plank position moves but I think I like level 2. I was starting to get bored with level 1.

For some reason I can NEVER get the form down for the V arm raises I try so hard my arms just wont go up they bend.
  • tmacmoto
    Options

For some reason I can NEVER get the form down for the V arm raises I try so hard my arms just wont go up they bend.

Try it first without weights and practice the form. Keep your legs together and pretend your about to sit and then lift your arms as if you're going to say grace, but extend it all the way.
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing outstanding! I am looking forward to day 3 of level 2. I think I'm starting to like this! :)
  • aasshhll33yy
    Options
    I start level 2 tomorrow.. mind you i should have just started it today because I felt like 10 days of level one wasn't needed.. after day 8, i just felt i wasn't doing as much, or burning as much, maybe because it wasn't as intense anymore and I'd mastered doing everything without breaks. regardless i start level 2 tomorrow, and am a bit anxious about it. reading everyone's posts makes me not worry nearly as much!! :)
  • ChasityLindsey
    ChasityLindsey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1 of level 2 and OMG, I'm dying lol!! Made it through exept the last ab exercise, I just couldnt hold a plank any longer, my arms were like jello!! I do like it though, it feels great.
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Just did day 1 of level 2 and OMG, I'm dying lol!! Made it through exept the last ab exercise, I just couldnt hold a plank any longer, my arms were like jello!! I do like it though, it feels great.
    But, think...at the end of this...you'll be sooo much toner, stronger, and leaner!!! I did my day 1 of Level 2 yesterday and i'm going back for more...that last ab with the plank is a killer, got to work on form. I'm sure that i'll be cursing at Jillian in about 45 minutes.

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Shredding!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 of level 2 and am still loving it. The planks are definitely a killer. I was able to make it through everything except the chair squats with v raises. My shoulders start to kill me about 1/2 way through. I think tomorrow I may try it w/o the weights and see how it goes or maybe use the lighter weights.
  • Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel so behind!! I took a rest day last Sunday and couldn't exercise Wed or Thur because I was sick so tonight I'll only be on day 8 of Level 1. Looking forward to level 2 though!
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Ok, so it's Day 4 of Level 2...by the end of today...Day 15 total.

So, I have to admit that it's the cardio that killing me on this one especially on Circuit 2: The oblique twists and the side to side jumps and finally the double jump rope. We got new neighbors that moved in below us and they have kindly told us that our jumping around is causing their walls to rumble. Oops!
    The planking is actually ok. I had to lower my weights on the 3rd circuit training. I've been doing 8lbs and moved to 5lbs. And of course the final plank ab workout is a Draconian workout invented just for sheer torture. Actually, i'm still trying to get the form right, but this is where most of my sweating occurs. Tough, but starting to feel those abs.
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Ok, so it's Day 4 of Level 2...by the end of today...Day 15 total.

So, I have to admit that it's the cardio that killing me on this one especially on Circuit 2: The oblique twists and the side to side jumps and finally the double jump rope. We got new neighbors that moved in below us and they have kindly told us that our jumping around is causing their walls to rumble. Oops!
    The planking is actually ok. I had to lower my weights on the 3rd circuit training. I've been doing 8lbs and moved to 5lbs. And of course the final plank ab workout is a Draconian workout invented just for sheer torture. Actually, i'm still trying to get the form right, but this is where most of my sweating occurs. Tough, but starting to feel those abs.

I couldn't agree more. The circuit 2 cardio is a killer...more specifically the oblique twists. I'm still jumping my rope one swing at a time. And the plank ab move is also my most sweaty when it drips onto the mat below me. Gross but satisfying that I'm through and have done a great work out at that point! :)