<~~~~ Newbie here!!!

Options
BridgettBZ
BridgettBZ Posts: 50 Member
Well I decided to jump on the band wagon... I ordered the 30 Day Shred this morning and should have it Friday. I'm starting Saturday morning. Hope I have the strengh and determination to stick with it like so many of you have. It's great reading everyones posts.... nice to know there's "REAL" people out there :happy:

Replies

• hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Glad to have you here! :)
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    Thank you! So any advice on the 30 DS?? LOL! How far into it are you?
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options
    Welcome to this amazing group!! If you did want to get started now, Level 1 is on YouTube. Only advice I have is work through the pain. The first few days are hard bc of all the pulled muscles. But once you start the exercise again you won't really notice the muscle pain so just work through it. Good luck!!
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I finished Day 7 today. Definitely realize that you will be in some pain after the first few days..but it does get better! Also, don't be afraid to modify things in the beginning. For example, I had a hard time going from the jumping jacks, right into jumping rope. It kills my lower legs, so I started jogging in place. You will see your progress as you do each day, which is really rewarding in and of itself!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You got great advice. Yes it will hurt. The pain goes away after about 4 days. Don't be afraid to modify any of the moves despite what Jillian says. Listen to your body. If you feel pain in your knees or ankles then stop and rest.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group! Glad to have you here. With any new program, there is always an adjustment period that the body goes through. It literally is readjusting to muscle confusion technique. About day 4/5 there is soreness. I advise Alleve, Icy Hot, and a good hot bath. But most importantly, drink your water...7 to 8 glasses a day.
    Proper nutrition and of course rest. Modify the routine where necessary.

At this point, most of us are already on level 2 or finishing up the last day of level one, but we will be more than happy to help you with any questions and be here to help motivate you. We are all in this together, so welcome to the family!!!
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm starting level 2 on Thursday. Like the others I had soreness from day 2 through 4 or 5, mostly in my thighs. I worked through it. Once my body was warmed up I wasn't as sore. Good luck. Let us know how you do the first few days. If you want another friend feel free to add me. :)
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    WOW thank you everyone for the replies and advice!! I know I'm a little behind schedule compared to where most of you are but better late then never. My biggest hurdle right now is going to be sticking with it for the first few days and not giving myself "excuses" as to why I can't on any specific day... Fingers crossed thou! How often are you guys doing the workouts... every day or are you allowing yourself a rest/recovery day? Thank you again for all your help, it's very much appreciated!! (I haven't told anyone I'm starting this well except you guys LOL)
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    I'm doing 30 straight consecutive days. Days 2-5 were tough because I was sore. But once my body warmed up I was fine. It was the rest of the day I had trouble sitting and standing from the soreness in my thighs! Also I decided to get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning and do the work out because I thought this time of day I'd have the least amount of excuses other than not wanting to get out of bed. I'm loving it now except for right when my alarm goes off. I love being done with it and not have to think about doing it after work. :)
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    Makes a lot more sense doing it in the morning like you said. I'm going to have to learn to wake up 30 mins earlier because I know if I say I'll do it after work I won't, not after chasing my kiddo around and making dinner, etc... I know myself and that will be my excuse. My co-workers can laugh at me as I waddle down the hall in pain lol that's ok.

Is there a lot of "jumping" don't mean so much like jumping jacks and such but more like those ackward excercise where you go from a squat to a high jump, or laying on the floor to a jump, etc... IDK if that makes sense or not lol.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I completed Day 6 this morning- I'm doing two days shred, one day cardio, and repeat. It is HARD the first day, and you WILL be sore the next couple days...but the soreness goes away and it gets better!! I still sweat my *kitten* off, but it doesn't wear me out like it did the first couple days. I recommend not started out with weights too heavy - I'm doing 2lb weights right now myself. Good luck, just work through the pain and do it!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    As far as jumping, level one has jumping jacks and jump ropes, but that's it. No burpees (the exercise where you go from a plank to a squat and jump) or anything like that. The jump ropes are KILLER for me.

Oh, I wake up 30 mins early and do mine before work as well. :) I get up at 5:30am.
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Oh, I wake up 30 mins early and do mine before work as well. :) I get up at 5:30am.

Me too! I thought it would be so hard at first but I love it! :)
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    Ok I can do this... 30 mins early is not a big deal... Although my snooze button will miss me. Makes it a lot easier to think about after reading everything everyones saying. YAY no ackward jumping around. I'm actually kind of excited to start this as sick as that sounds lol! Thanks again for all the help. Please keep the comments and suggestions coming!! It's nice having a support group!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    First off- Hello and welcome :)
    Have a good pair of sneakers
    3 or 5lb weights
    a mat or towel (I dont like laying on my basement floor its cold)
    water, water, water, you will need it
    you will hurt the first few days but it will pass
    Lastly, good luck you can do it! I am over 200lbs and can do it! Lost 6 inches so far half way through the 30 days!

:flowerforyou:
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    First off- Hello and welcome :)
    Have a good pair of sneakers
    3 or 5lb weights
    a mat or towel (I dont like laying on my basement floor its cold)
    water, water, water, you will need it
    you will hurt the first few days but it will pass
    Lastly, good luck you can do it! I am over 200lbs and can do it! Lost 6 inches so far half way through the 30 days!

:flowerforyou:

Thank you for the advice!! The last part hits home, I'm in the same boat as you and it's awesome to read that you are doing this and having results! Gives me hope! I'm also getting married but not until next Spring... Please keep me posted on your journey!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOW thank you everyone for the replies and advice!! I know I'm a little behind schedule compared to where most of you are but better late then never. My biggest hurdle right now is going to be sticking with it for the first few days and not giving myself "excuses" as to why I can't on any specific day... Fingers crossed thou! How often are you guys doing the workouts... every day or are you allowing yourself a rest/recovery day? Thank you again for all your help, it's very much appreciated!! (I haven't told anyone I'm starting this well except you guys LOL)

My plan is to do the workout Monday through Saturday with Sunday as a rest day. I took days 7-9 off because level 1 is rough on my ankles and knees. The first time I did 30DS 3 years ago I ended up with an ankle injury that lasted 3 weeks. So now I listen to my body. I came back to it yesterday on day 10 and moved up to level 2 and I felt great.

Level 1 the jumping is mostly jumping jacks and jumping rope. Level 3 is when the harder plyometric moves come in, but she does offer modifications.
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    I like the idea of Mon-Sat with Sunday as a recovery day. My goal is to have it completed by June 16th so I'm giving myself a couples days extra just incase I need it. I don't want to set an unrealistic goal for myself. I'm glad you started back up after your set backs, true determintation there!!
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of Mon-Sat with Sunday as a recovery day. My goal is to have it completed by June 16th so I'm giving myself a couples days extra just incase I need it. I don't want to set an unrealistic goal for myself. I'm glad you started back up after your set backs, true determintation there!!

It does come down to your comfort level and where you are physically. One thing that my wife and I are noticing (we're doing it together) is that as you progress, you find that your endurance and your strength does increase as well. But, of course that can't happen without proper rest and nutrition. So, find out what your level is, modify where necessary, and have fun with it. Yes, it's going to be tough and at times you want to say nasty things to Jillian (we all do at times), but enjoy yourself and keep sights on your ultimate goal.
    Happy Shredding!
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    Well I've decided I don't want to wait until Saturday to start this... so... I'm going to cheat and use the Youtube level one until my DVD gets here :happy: