Anyone taking rest days?

Options
butterfli7o
butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
So my plan was to shred two days, cardio one day, shred two days, rest and repeat. Now I'm wondering if the rest day is a mistake and I should just skip it...anyone else do rest days? Do you think the rest days will alter the results??

I don't feel I really NEED it, I just thought it would keep me from getting burned out.

Replies

• tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The general idea is to complete the whole 30 day cycle, but in the end, you have to do what is comfortable for you and what you can physically accomplish. If you feel that you don't need to take the rest day....then continue to dig deep and keep pushing yourself.
    If we are all on the same timeline, then we should be switching to Level 2 which will give us the needed variety and add to the technique of muscle confusion which our bodies need to progress and not get stagnant. But in the same breath, it is still about your comfort level. Personally, I don't take rests and add more cardio and i'm really looking forward to Level 2.
    Spoiler alert: It's about planking. Not the pirate kind where you walk the plank....but, it could be as well.

Bottom line is: Results are going to be different for everyone. Just make sure you measure, weigh, and photo that way you have a definitive and straight forward method of seeing the results for yourself.
  • butterfli7o
    Options
    Thanks. I think I'm going to continue with my cardio and skip the rest day. Happy shredding!
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    And may the Shred be with you!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I took a rest day Sunday because my calf and hip were killing me. And then Monday & Tuesday due to back pain. I think I am going to keep Sunday as the rest day. It was nice to give my body a break for one day. I find 30DS very hard on my knees and ankles with a lot of the jumping moves.
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my rest day as well. Ok, so far both Saturday and Sunday were my rest day, but I hope to make it only Sunday. :)
  • butterfli7o
    Options
    I DESPISE the jumping jacks/jump ropes!!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I DESPISE the jumping jacks/jump ropes!!

Me too. I think that is why I like level 2. There is a lot less jumping.