How is everyone doing?

Options
acrego
acrego Posts: 84 Member
I am SO excited! I finally got the courage to try on a pair of pants last night. The last time I put them on, I almost cried... I had a HUGE muffin top squishing out over the waistband... and I put them away with all my other stuff that didn't fit. Now, they fit (almost) perfect! No muffin top to speak of! I'm still not quite where I want to be, and I haven't weighed myself since last week, but I'm waiting for Saturday to weigh.

I have been much more consistent and disciplined with my eating and staying well under 1000 calories most days. It's really not hard for me to do, and I rarely feel hunger pains. Yesterday I had oatmeal for breakfast, a protein shake after my workout, and about 5:30 I started to feel hungry, so we went out to eat. I OD'd a little on dessert, but my total for the day was still only about 1100. So I worked out extra today! :) And to top it off, I feel fantastic! I have plenty of energy, and working out actually feels good.

My downfall has been my boyfriend's late night snacking... he brings popcorn to eat while we watch TV, and buys yogurt pretzels, cheetos, and sometimes even my favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I know he is not trying to sabotage me, in fact I think he believes I will lose the weight even if I indulge... but I am more determined than ever to avoid those snacks until I reach my goal. I'm not eating them because I'm hungry, so why is it so hard to turn them down?

I hope everyone else is doing great as well!

Replies

• dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It sounds like you are doing a terrific job! It is a great feeling to fit into clothing that you could barely squeeze into before. I too live with a guy who indulges in high calorie foods and it is difficult. When I smell what he is eating or cooking I find myself wanting to indulge too. But I find it helpful just to have one or two bites of what he is eating and leave it at that. I also love the 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn! It really helps with the temptations. Hope that helps a little. Keep up the great work!!
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    Great job! I love that feeling! I am about 3 lbs away from that one! As for my boyfriend and food... it is hard but I do allow myself to eat a couple 100 more calories on the weekend when I am with him. It really helps and the mix up makes me keep from plateauing. :)
  • MsShroom
    MsShroom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You're doing terrific! Keep it up - and I had the same problem about 5 months ago before I started really watching everything i put in my mouth. I dropped from a TIGHT muffin top 12 pair of jeans to a 'OMG they're so baggy I can pants myself!' So I went to find new pants...

I had to give myself the "it's ok if they don't fit you've done really well on your eating over the past few months" pep talk in the dressing room at Khol's before I even tried them on - but when I slid in them - a fricken' size 6! the feeling was overwhelmingly awesome! Haven't been this small in literally 14 years. I had to do a happy dance and take a camera pic to remember the moment!

As far as the unintentional snack 'sabotage' - I found that toddler snacks contain less calories and preservatives than regular snacks but pretty much feel the same as far as snacking on them - Gerber makes a 'cheeto' like puff that is tasty and it's like 215 calories for the WHOLE CAN! I can sit and snack during a movie on the weekend and not feel a twinge of guilt! Now I have to keep my boyfriend out of my special low cal snack cabinet since he tried some!!!

Mind you - I'm a strict restrictor at 550-1000 a day (I do sort of a rotation with a good 2000 spike once a month to avoid plateauing) - I had 55 lbs to lose and it was the only way that worked (I've lost 40 so far) - I spent 12 yrs on Atkins and then I just couldn't shift any more and got stuck. Vegetarian - Vegan - 4hr Body - that crappy diet food on the market just didn't do it either.

So, I remembered what did work whenI wanted to fit in little club dresses back in the 80's - low cal. I guess it just works for some folks!!!