WALKING SHOES

Options
Ok pals: Hope to find a better pair of walking shoes, have tried on several for the last few weeks...none acceptable. I walk a lot for exercise. I walk very fast , as fast as my short legs will go..and I think I am walking about 4.0 mph or more when I go for speed.My feet hurt at the end of the day ...I am tired of beating them to death then find out my feet are swollen..elastic slip ons are too tight or shoe laces too tight...etc Any good ones you might suggest?

Replies

• tr853
    tr853 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got my shoes at a local store. They have you walk on a treadmill & video tape it. It shows how you walk & they bring out several pairs of shoes to try on. I am happy with the shoes I purchased. I am not sure if you have a store like it in your area.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I got my shoes at a local store. They have you walk on a treadmill & video tape it. It shows how you walk & they bring out several pairs of shoes to try on. I am happy with the shoes I purchased. I am not sure if you have a store like it in your area.

What is the name of store?
  • chews2
    chews2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I buy nothing but Nike Air. Started wearing them when they first came out many years ago. They are very supportive but cushiony too.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I buy nothing but Nike Air. Started wearing them when they first came out many years ago. They are very supportive but cushiony too.

Thanks for that ..I will check them out.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    love oasics and reeboks. nike just doesn't fit me right for some reason. new balance also cushy!
    If they don't bounce like a trampoline when I walk....I don't get em.
  • bnewperson
    bnewperson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love my Reebok realflex, they are light as air yet provide support and great cushioning. For my day to day wear I adore my Merrell Oceana slip on walking shoes. I went online to see where they can be found because I bought them a couple of years ago at nordstoms before going on a trip where we would be walking from dawn to dusk. They were remarkable for the trip and ever since. I can't say enough about the comfort and security of having the vibram sole. (when I looked up vibram all they show is the 5 finger (or toe) model and that is not this shoe. It took me a few minutes to remember that they are Merrell's - and I found them on Zappos.com. Worth every penny. Many times I do my walk in them because they are so easy to slip on and have the same support as a sneaker...but way cuter!