Tera

Options
wellbert
wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
So, it's pretty rad. Action combat is grindy on mobs but great on bosses.
Rerolled on Feral Valley (PVP) thinking about creating a guild there.

Anyone else?

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I've been interested in Tera since it was announced over more than a year ago! I haven't tried it but I hope to soon. Is it a grindfest?
  • wellbert
    Options
    Leveling feels a little slow, but not unbearably so. You quest your way through everywhere. Typical kill/collect quests.
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've been playing a little, can't really get into it. I'm addicted to Vindictus and can't stop playing. I like it better. Hubby thinks I'm crazy.
  • cmfelix47
    cmfelix47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 more than anything! Played a little during the beta weekend last weekend and it was really fun!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Tried it, and not impressed. The game is beautiful, graphics-wise....but the game mechanics need some serious work. It's like the developers went out of their way to have an artistic game, and forgot about the most important part -- GAMEPLAY ITSELF!!!
  • wellbert
    Options
    Tried it, and not impressed. The game is beautiful, graphics-wise....but the game mechanics need some serious work. It's like the developers went out of their way to have an artistic game, and forgot about the most important part -- GAMEPLAY ITSELF!!!

What didn't you like about it?
  • jl622
    Options

What didn't you like about it?

I'm gonna give my opinion. I think it depends on the class you use, I have a slayer. Shes so slow, I think if I chose a different class I might like it more. The problem is, Im level 14 and I refuse to go back and start from the begining. Too much running around that I don't want to do again. I'm not into the story, I just want action and fighting.
  • wellbert
    Options
    Slayer gets a couple new abilities that make it a LOT better. It's still not soulcalibur-fast. That would be imba.
  • PerfectlyOdd
    Options
    The game seems slow in the beginning but as you get more skills and the mobs get hard and smarter, stuff gets really interesting. It does require a lot of attention. if you look away you will die. That being said... super nerd and i'm in the mid 50s and i really love the game.
  • jl622
    Options
    Slayer gets a couple new abilities that make it a LOT better. It's still not soulcalibur-fast. That would be imba.

Yeah, thats true, shes too strong to be fast. I will keep playing, hopefully Ill get into it more as I level up.
  • wellbert
    Options
    Melee is fun, but you might like archers more. A LOT faster/more mobile.

My main is a mystic.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I tried the open beta weekend a bit ago and found the controls way too hard to adjust to. I like that they've tried something different, but over the course of just a couple hours I could not get into it. This made me decide against getting it, well, that and that D3 comes out shortly after. I just won't have time for both! GORGEOUS graphics though.