I need some encouragement!

Options
MamaLeague
MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
Hey folks,

I've only been at this for two weeks, and I know it takes time, but I am a results kind of girl.

Last year, I lost ten pounds and stayed there for six months, regardless of eating and logging and working out. Gave up, ate it all back, plus ten pounds.

Now, here I sit...ten pounds down, and not moving. I understand it's a process and I get that it takes time, I really do. I'm just freaking out a bit here.

My TDEE - 20% is about 2050. My BMR is 1560. I try to always at least net my BMR. My diary is open.

Basically, I just need some nice words...something...I'm in full freak out mode...getting married in a year doesn't help.

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    don't fret my pet! I am Queen of Freak Outs and i think you are good to go!

just inform yourself, have patience, take measurements and hide the scale for a month!

plus, a lot can happen in a year so don't worry about your wedding just yet :) just keep swimming :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    SO you weren't losing doing it the other way, and you aren't losing this way but I bet your body is changing! Have you taken your measurements?
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    I will be getting measured tonight at my boot camp.

Last year, I didn't lose inches or pounds after ten pounds. Infuriating.

I will stop weighing myself. I am an everyday weigher-inner.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm a results-oriented person myself so I can understand where you're coming from. I had to start looking at the big picture instead of being so focused on every little pound.

You lost weight last year but gained it all back. So obviously that didn't work for you in the long term.

But with this EM2WL lifestyle, the weight will stay off this time. No worries about putting it back on. You never have to starve yourself again!! Your clothes will always fit you!! You will look gorgeous in your wedding gown!!!

Keep your eye on the prize...don't worry about the scale for right now. Focus on your measurements and how energized you feel!

You can do this and we're here to help keep you truckin' along!!
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.

I just see that 10 pounds lost staying there, and it's freaking me out. I know it's all mental and such, it's just hard to over come.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I was maintaining for a couple of months and then another 7 weeks of eating more before the scale started to move downwards.

I have actually started weighing daily! I log it on an app on my ipod so I can see my weight on a graph, I know there is a link here somewhere to a website that does the same. This has been encouraging as I can see a general slow downward trend and the odd big sodium spike - seeing it on the graph kind of puts it in perspective.

Hang in there!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

I've only been at this for two weeks, and I know it takes time, but I am a results kind of girl.

Last year, I lost ten pounds and stayed there for six months, regardless of eating and logging and working out. Gave up, ate it all back, plus ten pounds.

Now, here I sit...ten pounds down, and not moving. I understand it's a process and I get that it takes time, I really do. I'm just freaking out a bit here.

My TDEE - 20% is about 2050. My BMR is 1560. I try to always at least net my BMR. My diary is open.

Basically, I just need some nice words...something...I'm in full freak out mode...getting married in a year doesn't help.

Ok, whew, take a deep breath:smile:

This is what I suggest, go to TDEE - 15%. I don't know what your routine is like, but try this along with the cals 3 times a week do a good heavy lifting program and 2 days HIIT training for 30 min....forget about the scale and take measurements starting now and at the end of your 4 wks...sometimes just switching up your routine helps...
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Will do. I'm stumping my trainer right now. I stumped both trainers last year when I stopped at ten pounds. I also think it's a mental game I play with myself.

Also, I teach, and we are going through standardized tests and there are only 7 school days left. Stressed!