Consistency with BR Cardio?

Options
salgalruns
salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
I tend to be pretty consistent, but not totally. I have a really hard time sticking to the cardio one. I would much prefer to be outside and can easily run for over an hour, burning 900+ calories and choose to do this as opposed to her workouts for cardio. I also do cardio every day (except one rest day a week). I live in Southern California, so running outside is the norm - it's beautiful and easy to get outside in nice weather this time of year.

Do you do different cardio or stick with the DVDs only? Do you think it makes a difference? Is this just my way of avoiding the dreaded burpees in Cardio 2?

Replies

• Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do the DVD cardio on Wednesday's and I go for a 3-6 mile hike through the Hawaiian mountains for my Saturday cardio. I think as long as you're getting a good cardio workout that's all that really matters.
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on the end of third week. Till now during the six days every morning I have my strength workout and the cardio every noon. The cardio 1 is acceptable! I don't know what I ll do during phase 2.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way as you and would prefer to enjoy the outdoors more than be stuck inside doing a DVD!! In general, on Wednesdays I'll do the cardio DVD (with the exception of yesterday when we went swimming) and then on Saturdays I'll either go for a long bike ride or swimming.

I usually ride my bike every day though any way because the weather is just too nice right now to stay indoors!!
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with mixing it up and doing your own type of cardio.

I got tired of Cardio 1 because I had done the kickstart and then had to take a break after almost completing week 2 (ankle Injury), so I started substituting TurboFire for the cardio. I burn more with the TurboFire too.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've done the cardio video every time it's called for in the schedule and I'll admit, I get bored of them all by the 3rd week. I start my FINAL week on monday and I'm dreading it as I've already done workout 11 and 12 for two weeks.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I substitute Zumba sometimes for the cardio. It's very repetitive since it's the same circuit 3 times over, whereas the other DVDs for circuit training keep my interest since they are different circuits and at least change during the workout. I'd rather do an hour of Zumba than a half hour of the same 3 circuits.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I NEVER do her cardio! lol. Only for the first week. I do Zumba on Wednesdays and some type of walking/running on Saturdays if my schedule allows. Cardio 1 was ridiculously boring and I never even tried cardio 2. Hope it's ok! :wink:
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Love the feedback. I haven't gotten in the strength over the past couple of days and didn't think it would be a big deal, but I totally notice a difference. Thus, my next goal is to make sure I don't miss those workouts and with cardio? I'll do whatever I can do - either the DVD if it's a tight day and I can only work out in the morning, or go outside (my preference) when I get home from work.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I follow the schedule as listed. I love her Cardio videos and don't really get tired of them. I like how I can see how much I'm improving over the course of the month. Let me also note that I get my workouts in at 5:00 a.m., so doing them inside is ideal.
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do cardio 1 just to do it, as it is in the program, but if I get extra time to do more, then I do more. Sundays are my walking day, so I don't really rest but get that extra mild workout in my 4 mile walk. I have her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD too that is all cardio, so if I get ambitious I've done that too.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do not do the Cardio DVD. I am training for a 20K in 3 weeks. I figure my 3 days of running compensate for the Cardio videos. I am still having great results.
  • Jennifer_lynn85
    Options
    I am currently on week 1, and I am so so tired of cardio 1 but Jillian made this program this way for a reason...because you get results!!

With that said I think going running is fine because like you said you get more of a burn out of running than the cardio!

Good luck!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I do the cardio dvd maybe once a week. I just make certain I get at least 30 minutes of cardio!