Goal weight?

Options
LiteBrite007
LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
Hi! I am not sure of my goal weight. I'm 5'6. When I tell people I want to lose 127 pounds they always flip out on me. What the heck then?

I currently would probably be happy at 175 but the military and my doctor say women my height should be between 129 and 150.

One of my boobs weighs that much....

Replies

• Vanessadk0604
    Options
    For me, my drs say i should b 185 lbs and i'm 6'1. I dont think i will look right so i have a few different goals. My first to get under 300 by the end of the year, then 250, and i'm going to see how i feel when i'm 250 if i feel i want to lose more i can.

You just need to do what your comfortable with.
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    I'll try to find the website for you but i looked it up and it suggested that i be at 155 since i'm 5'5"-5'6". I have started my goal at 199, since i started at 272, and we'll see where it goes from there! good luck!
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    the website is webmd, go to eating and dieting i believe. not going to lie it was a little discouraging but it helps to know the facts.
  • jessicx
    jessicx Posts: 1
    Options
    So my starting weight as 315 (I refused to write it on here) a ow im down to 270 (haven't weighed today). My goal is 180.
  • stillgirl77
    Options
    I have heard to pick a 'reasonable' goal weight, you should take your current weight and your lowest weight as an adult and average them... Hummmm, that would make my goal weight 220 lbs and I want to get to atleast 175. I am 5'8" and healthy BMI is 164lbs. 220 is probably a really good initial goal with 164 as the ultimate.
  • CeliaBeeDee
    CeliaBeeDee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is somewhere between 135 and 122. I only base this on my height (5'3'') and frame (medium). I have met other women my height who tell me they feel comfy with 150. So it really just comes down to how I feel and look. I don't want to be super skinny either, so 122 might not happen. But if I get down to 135 and still feel I can lose some more, then I will.

I am going to set mini goals as well. 95 pounds sounds so intimidating. So I will try to lose weight by increments of 8 pounds. Thus I will aim to lose 8 pounds by the end of June. And another 8 pounds by the end of July. Etc... It gives me something to work towards by the end of each month.
  • jjleigh94
    jjleigh94 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hiya, my current weight is 222lb and I'm aiming to eventually get down to 140lb. My starting weight was 256lb, and when I started on MFP I had got down to 225. Since starting I have lost 3lb so still got a ways to go but need motivation!!
    I've never wanted to be a size 8, but a size 10-12 would be lovely!!!!!!
    Lovely to meet you all
    jem xx