nnylee
nnylee Posts: 814 Member
Play it online! Brings back memories for me. :bigsmile:

http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

Replies

• Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Those of us who went to school in Oregon fought over those Mac Classics like nobody's business to play this game. There's still nothing quite like the little thrill you get from successfully fording a river instead of paying for a ferry... or throwing out thousands of pounds of buffalo meat. My currently self feels just a little tinge of shame over that one.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Those of us who went to school in Oregon fought over those Mac Classics like nobody's business to play this game. There's still nothing quite like the little thrill you get from successfully fording a river instead of paying for a ferry... or throwing out thousands of pounds of buffalo meat. My currently self feels just a little tinge of shame over that one.

Sometimes Bison just needed to be deaded.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Play it online! Brings back memories for me. :bigsmile:

http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

There goes my morning- dysentery ahoy! (that's a good thing or a bad thing hmm)
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Hahahaha. SO TRUE. I shot two bison and could only carry 100lbs and was sad. D:
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The Banker from Boston FTW
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I loved Oregon trail! I was also a huge fan of the lesser known Amazon trail. Yukon Trail was just aight.
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Options
    Oh man, memories!!! :D
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Why oh why does my wife keep dying of a broken leg? I am considering this a sign that Oregon Trail is telling me to move to the west coast and start whoremongering.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    This game helped me pass my Social Studies and US Geography classes with ease.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lol......... Me and my coworkers are SO GUILTY of naming all the family members after ourselves and playing it to pass the time.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This just totally made my day. *doing happy dance*
    Haven't played this in years. I'm so excited. lol
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Now how about "where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Now how about "where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"

Still play it with DOS Box!

And I have the CD for Oregon Trail II at home, along with a pre-saved inventory list so I know what to buy for supplies when I set out...after lots of trial and error.
  • ashreycakes
    ashreycakes Posts: 12
    Options
    THE MEMORIES! MY CHILDHOOD!
    I loved and still love this game so much.
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This was my favorite part of going to school when I was a kid. Great memories here. Played a while ago and named all the travelers after my friends; loved telling them who died of dysentery and who survived for the long haul.