It was fun while it lasted...

Options
2»

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    As far as FWB goes, I am not blaming him for anything as I don't think her really has done anything wrong (besides being a Yankee/Laker fan of course.)

How did he explain being a Yankee & Laker fan? The teams play on different coasts. Seems like a bit of a front runner. You'd expect like Yankees/Knicks or Lakers/Dodgers.

Could be a long running hatred for Boston teams going back to the Celtics/Lakers rivalry in the 80s.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    As far as FWB goes, I am not blaming him for anything as I don't think her really has done anything wrong (besides being a Yankee/Laker fan of course.)

How did he explain being a Yankee & Laker fan? The teams play on different coasts. Seems like a bit of a front runner. You'd expect like Yankees/Knicks or Lakers/Dodgers.

Could be a long running hatred for Boston teams going back to the Celtics/Lakers rivalry in the 80s.

Could be. I think it is a good thing that the Celtics no longer play in the Boston Garden. That arena was a dump. It didn't have air conditioning. In 1984, the Celtics and Lakers played an NBA Finals game where the courtside temperature was 97 degrees. In the upper reaches of the Boston Garden, the temperature was over 100. That's miserable. At the least the TD Garden (where the Celtics have played since 1995) has air conditioning. A comfortable indoor temperature is essential to the basketball watching experience.

Anyway, seems like the OP needs to have a chat with her FWB and see whether or not he is really married or not. The news can be a bit unsettling and that's normal.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I've just been really surprised how two people can continually have sex, but not have any emotion! I know we're all wired differently, but Jeez, I think your reaction is perfectly normal!!

I thought that, generally speaking, men were actualy wired to be able to have sex with no emotion while women weren't... which I'm supposing is why so many people advise women against FWBs.

Generally speaking, sure! But I've known men to fall in love with their FWBs and women to not care for the emotional side. The world today is not black and white. I really think its not a situation for everyone, but as an overly emotional person, I can tell you that it worked fine for me. So, you just have to approach it with a different mentality if you want it to work. I actually think that women can be very cold hearted if they want to be!! And men can be more gushy than they let on!! :laugh:

Again, it's not for everyone :flowerforyou:
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just found out my fwb is engaged!!! What is wrong with people!!!!!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Could be. I think it is a good thing that the Celtics no longer play in the Boston Garden. That arena was a dump. It didn't have air conditioning. In 1984, the Celtics and Lakers played an NBA Finals game where the courtside temperature was 97 degrees. In the upper reaches of the Boston Garden, the temperature was over 100. That's miserable. At the least the TD Garden (where the Celtics have played since 1995) has air conditioning. A comfortable indoor temperature is essential to the basketball watching experience.

Anyway, seems like the OP needs to have a chat with her FWB and see whether or not he is really married or not. The news can be a bit unsettling and that's normal.

I'm feeling kinda left out that nobody here would understand the English Premiership Football league.......:laugh:

I obviously have no idea what you guys are talking about............but carry on.............:indifferent:

:wink:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Could be. I think it is a good thing that the Celtics no longer play in the Boston Garden. That arena was a dump.

This is heresy!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling kinda left out that nobody here would understand the English Premiership Football league.......:laugh:

What else do you need to know besides ManU is evil and ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal are the toys of weird billionaires?

Oh and Fulham's Clint Dempsey is awesome.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

I obviously have no idea what you guys are talking about............but carry on.............:indifferent:

For you, AnnaPixie :flowerforyou: . A movie clip about European Football and Manchester United.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2UYDJlsoU

England does not typically do that well in World Cup play.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I forgot to mention the whole Raiders thing. Although I do not find that offensive, just sad and pathetic. :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

For you, AnnaPixie :flowerforyou: . A movie clip about European Football and Manchester United.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2UYDJlsoU

England does not typically do that well in World Cup play.

Thanks DM, but my team is Tottenham Hotspur!! Man Utd are to me what Lakers are to Yankees.........I think!! :laugh:

And you're right about the World Cup!! Jeez! :blushing:

ETA: I just watched the clip. Never seen that movie. Vinnie Jones is such a yob!! He is an ex footballer (dont know if you know that?) famous for cheating and foul play on the pitch. No wonder he gets those kind of roles now he's an actor.

I hope you guys dont think English fans are actually like that?? :laugh:

Actually, some are, but a very small minority :blushing:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

What else do you need to know besides ManU is evil and ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal are the toys of weird billionaires?

Oh and Fulham's Clint Dempsey is awesome.

That Spurs will win the league next season??? I've only waited 4 decades to see that........ :cry:

:laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Hey OP, sorry for sabotage!

What have you decided?? Are you going to move on now you've realised you've got emotions for the guy?? Are you going to ask him if its true?? Or are you going to march on like it never happened??

:flowerforyou:
  • realrayne10
    Options
    Hey OP, sorry for sabotage!

What have you decided?? Are you going to move on now you've realised you've got emotions for the guy?? Are you going to ask him if its true?? Or are you going to march on like it never happened??

:flowerforyou:

No worries! I love a good sports debate!

Truth? At this point I really dont care whether it is true or not, the answer does not change the fact that my drama free fun is no longer dramam free in my head. I know in my head that it is time to break it off. Now I just need to prepare myself to deal with his reaction (or lack thereof). This will have to be an in person thing though, confronting him via text seems like a cop out. So basically, I have a week to ten days to work up the guts to do the right thing.

And in case anyone is wondering, I dont think that it is fair to be in a relationship with anyone right now as I am in a very selfish place in my life right now. Getting healthy and making enough time for my daughter are my priorites, I dont have the time or energy to give anyone else the attention that they would deserve.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    Could be. I think it is a good thing that the Celtics no longer play in the Boston Garden. That arena was a dump.

This is heresy!

The Boston Garden is historically significant. There's no disputing that. But the mere fact that the place didn’t have air conditioning is a major downside. It was 100 degrees inside the arena during that 1984 Finals game. Would you like to sit indoors in 100 degrees for 2.5-3 hours to watch basketball?
    ETA: I just watched the clip. Never seen that movie. Vinnie Jones is such a yob!! He is an ex footballer (dont know if you know that?) famous for cheating and foul play on the pitch. No wonder he gets those kind of roles now he's an actor.

I don't think the English are like that. The media likes to play up stereotypes. Overall, my interactions with people from England have been very pleasant. England really needs to win a World Cup though, as no other English as a primary language nation has won the World Cup since 1966. England is the best option for that to ever happen again.

To people in the United States, the Spurs are the San Antonio Spurs in the National Basketball Association, not the Tottenham team.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Thanks DM, but my team is Tottenham Hotspur!! Man Utd are to me what Lakers are to Yankees.........I think!! :laugh:

Well, it would be more like Manchester United is to the Tottenham Hotspurs as the Red Sox are to the Yankees ;-)

The Lakers and Celtics are basketball teams, and the Red Sox and Yankees are baseball teams.

Obviously, the Celtics and Red Sox are the only teams worth following :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Well, it would be more like Manchester United is to the Tottenham Hotspurs as the Red Sox are to the Yankees ;-)

The Lakers and Celtics are basketball teams, and the Red Sox and Yankees are baseball teams.

Obviously, the Celtics and Red Sox are the only teams worth following :laugh:

:laugh: thanks Kate :flowerforyou: I wouldn't want to be comparing basketball and baseball teams, cos that just wouldnt make sense!! :blushing:

:laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

This is heresy!

The Boston Garden is historically significant. There's no disputing that. But the mere fact that the place didn’t have air conditioning is a major downside. It was 100 degrees inside the arena during that 1984 Finals game. Would you like to sit indoors in 100 degrees for 2.5-3 hours to watch basketball?

I don't think the English are like that. The media likes to play up stereotypes. Overall, my interactions with people from England have been very pleasant. England really needs to win a World Cup though, as no other English as a primary language nation has won the World Cup since 1966. England is the best option for that to ever happen again.

To people in the United States, the Spurs are the San Antonio Spurs in the National Basketball Association, not the Tottenham team.

I'd love to say that England are contenders, but they're just not good enough :sad: Perhaps in the next 2018! :noway:
  • realrayne10
    Options
    Well, it looks like I am not going to have to ask the tough questions or be the one to cut things off. After 3 days of non stop texting, FWB is now ghosting. He has never ignored me for three + days before. :grumble: :ohwell:

Later Buddy!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like I am not going to have to ask the tough questions or be the one to cut things off. After 3 days of non stop texting, FWB is now ghosting. He has never ignored me for three + days before. :grumble: :ohwell:

Later Buddy!

Wonder if he found out that you knew!!
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally got to the bottom of things....

The dude that was spreading the rumor about the marriage was trying to get $$$$ out of FWB.
    FWB did not get married, but he does have a girlfriend.
    So...I ended things.

Sigh.