diary

Options
hi

today is first day - think it is going well but can someone look at my diary and tell me what they think?

my cals are way too low and my carb count is getting higher when i eat fruit and veg - not sure if i should be eating more protien

thanks

Replies

• sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good to me, lots of veg. Cals do go low easily, despite the volume of food, just watch out for it. Nuts are very calorie and fat dense. You are welcome to follow my diary. Today is not the best exmaple though for lunch, at the mercy of a catered event, sometime I really hate the South.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have my ratios as 25% protein, 45% fat, and 30% calories, seems to be working pretty well on a 2300 goal.
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think it looks good too. The only suggestion I'd make is to swap your iceberg lettuce for more nutritious greens (green or red leaf lettuce, spinach, arugula are a few I like.) :smile:
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Switch your oil and spread, also.

Use real butter instead of spread. For cooking use coconut oil, lard/fat, or real butter. I think olive oil is okay.
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    I think it looks good too. The only suggestion I'd make is to swap your iceberg lettuce for more nutritious greens (green or red leaf lettuce, spinach, arugula are a few I like.) :smile:

i normally have spinach but yesterday it looked a bit off so i threw it in the bin - will have more greens today
  • lucysmommy
    Options

Use real butter instead of spread. For cooking use coconut oil, lard/fat, or real butter. I think olive oil is okay.

my oil is a health oil - is that one not ok? made from palm fruit oil and is high in antioxidents
  • KBGirts
    Options

my oil is a health oil - is that one not ok? made from palm fruit oil and is high in antioxidents

I read that it's made from canola oil and palm oil. I am not sure if that's good or not but I do not use canola oil. Maybe someone else can comment on whether it's as healthy as coconut, but I don't think it is. At least it's better than vegetable oil.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucysmommy,
    Welcome to the group! As far as canola oil, check out the link below for a discussion regarding the use of Canola oil as a "healthy oil". I don't think it can be trusted as there are other alternatives.

http://paleohacks.com/questions/3220/canola-oil-good-or-bad#axzz1uZcNPec6

Also, remove low fat dairy from you diet. You'll want to do whole fat, raw (if you can find it) dairy, and set up custom macronutrient ratios on MFP. If you need help setting it up, I can totally help you if you'd like to add me as a friend. I tracked my calories initially to make sure my macronutrients were in balance but now I think I've got the hang of it.
  • KBGirts
    Options
    Hi Lucysmommy,
    Welcome to the group! As far as canola oil, check out the link below for a discussion regarding the use of Canola oil as a "healthy oil". I don't think it can be trusted as there are other alternatives.

Also, remove low fat dairy from you diet. You'll want to do whole fat, raw (if you can find it) dairy, and set up custom macronutrient ratios on MFP. If you need help setting it up, I can totally help you if you'd like to add me as a friend. I tracked my calories initially to make sure my macronutrients were in balance but now I think I've got the hang of it.

Yes, I forgot to mention the low fat as well. Full fat is better. I don't drink a lot of milk though. I use organic, pasture half & half in my coffee. Does anyone think this is okay?
  • gogogracie
    gogogracie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Full fat is definitely better. Actually I would go for the heavy whipping cream over half and half. You may do okay with half and half but if you are sensitive to casein or lactose (two common irritants), whipping cream contains less of these and will be less irritating to your system.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    thanks so if i switch to full fat organic milk this would be better - I dont like cream in my coffee
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    Hi Lucysmommy,

hi
    i have added you - i am not starting fully unteil monday as trying to get my head round everything i need to know