30's Daily 5/11

Options
lilpe5512
lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
(G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    TGIF!

We made it through another week! I have a graduation to attend tomorrow and my calories will not be pretty. Not to mention the alcohol that will be consumed. So much pressure :laugh: :ohwell: Enjoy your Friday!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sushi last night was yummy :bigsmile:

Happy Friday! The kids were up a bunch last night because they both caught our colds and were stuffy :yawn: I don't know how I'm going to make it through today!

We had mother's day breakfast at daycare, it was cute to see the kid dressed up as waitstaff. :smile:

We are having the in-laws over for dinner tomorrow since it's FIL's birthday. Mmmm, sausage and peppers.

I increased my calories this week and was only up 0.5 lb. Phew. I hope next week it trends back down.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I don't have much to say today. Starting stage 2 of New Rules this afternoon, movie tonight . . . I miraculously managed to achieve 40/30/30 macros for the day even with buttered popcorn and birthday cake tonight. I was shocked.

Oh, and I got part of my Mother's Day early - new trail running shoes!! :happy: Excited to try them out . . . they're pretty too. Also exciting in the world of fitness gear, my order of new moisture wicking attire should be waiting on my doorstep when I get home. Yay!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day - Todd has another game tomorrow morning. Wish him luck!
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    Man what a week it has been!!!

Last night I biked 7 miles pulling in a bike trailer 2 toddlers that weigh 40lbs each plus the trailer weight...I thought that I might not be able to walk today but surprrisingly the only pain I have is some slight knee pain on the left knee.

My food choices have been okay this week especially with dropping my intake down by 100. Tonight will be a challenge as I am going to a drag show at a local bar and I plan on eating some yummy bar food. :drinker:

Hope everyone has a great rest of their day and a fabulous weekend.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello once again to the good people of thirty somethings :-). Feeling a bit restless tonight so i went for a quick bike ride. Felt good and helped clear my head a bit.
    I see everyone's had a busy week. The same goes at this end of the operation. Work remains a constant chore and the only good thing i can say about it is that seeing as i'm constantly busy I have to be burning a few extra calories, right? This weekend is my stag weekend and it's fair to say my calorie intake may be a tad high after tomorrow. It marks the end of phase 1 of my fitness adventure. Next week i start muscle bulding. I plan to enjoy myself tomorrow night as some really lovely people are travelling a long way to hang out with me. I can hardly spend the night picking over a salad and worrying about my carbs.
    I'm looking forward to starting on my new programe next week. My trainer Katy took me through the new exercises and it felt strange to find out how wrong i'd been doing so many things. Work outs that usually don't cause me any trouble were making me sweat and ache for a day or so after. I'm pretty excited to see what happens.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm beginning to suffer from my exertions of the week - it's not too bad, but man, I know I have muscles in the backs of my thighs. Trying to eat a bit more protein to help repair/build muscle, but as a vegetarian who doesn't particularly like milk, cheese, eggs or tofu, it is a bit of a challenge. You can imagine how popular I am at DH's company "functions" when everyone else is enjoying the company's "product" (i.e. chicken)!

We were planning to take the kids out for a bike ride tomorrow as hubby is not working this weekend (yay!!), but one of the inner tubes on his bike has at least a dozen patches and it is not longer holding air, so we might have to do something else instead. We decided to give the camping a miss this weekend as the forecasted overnight temperatures are a bit lower than the kids can cope with (only just above freezing!). Plenty of decorating and other DIY to be done here...

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Paul - enjoy your stag weekend! Don't worry about the calories, just concentrate on having a good time - as you said folks are travelling some distance to spend time with you. A weekend off will give you extra motivation for Stage 2!!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Paul! Go hog wild! :drinker:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Aww thanks ladies. Not sure about the hog wild part but i'll do my best to make you guys proud :wink:
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Sun shining and I am motivated! Scale is saying the right thing! Just need to eat a bit more today.

6'2"
    morning weight 227 pounds and now, 226 (Down 4 from yesterday)
    Exercise: 2.5 hours ice hockey complete, 30 minutes weight lifting complete, 90 minutes of ice hockey tonight for my game.
    Calories so far 482 (Breakfast and Lunch) Will probably do a few more before my hockey game so I have some energy

Calories yesterday 1,250 (60 minutes of lifting weights plus 1 hour bike ride)

Total so far: 390 minutes exercise
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just realized the first name deal. Sorry, I can be slow sometimes. My name is Dan :)
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    I have been super checked out the last few days. Not been feeling great.

Seems like I really needed a week of taking it slow. So we have been mostly taking evening walks for exercise. Unfortunately we haven't been to the gym for lifting this week which means we are behind again. Oh well, being healthy is a process, not a race, so I am just going to try and scramble back on the wagon this weekend. I am also going to spend some time making a detailed plan of attack for next week. :-)

Hope everyone is having (or had) a fantastic Friday!

Sara Grace