I'm 5'3 at 124 pounds and i want to go to 110 reasonable?

Options
kaila666
kaila666 Posts: 15 Member
Im 5'3 at 124 and I want to go to 110 reasonable?....

Replies

• AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I think it is, I'm 5'1 and 110 was my goal when I started on mfp, I am currently at 117-118 but building muscle. I would see what your bmi is and what a healthy weight range is for your height. Good luck on your journey!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think it's reasonable if you want a low amount of muscle mass and if you have a very small bone diameter. I'm also about 5'3" and I was underweight at 104. When I finally got up to 110 pounds I still felt too skinny and now I'm shooting for 120 pounds and almost there and I'm loving the results.
  • kaila666
    kaila666 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! My bmi is 22. Says I'm at a healthy weight but I would like to see more weight off. I have a have a personal trainer that I see 3 times a week then on my off days I play soccer and if I don't do that I run. So far I have seen results in body fat my waist hips thighs and so forth but not in my actual weight and i no muscle weight more then fat but its kinda depressing when i look at the scale. I'm doing everything right but eating...most of the time I'm good but then I go off the wagon and I can see in the mirror right away..so I guess I'm saying any tips on staying on track??!!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    If you like what you see in the mirror than your weight on the scale shouldn't matter. We are all human and get off the wagon! What is important is to get back on it and not stress about it too much. I don't have any clue as to if 110 is right for your frame! I'll be more concerned about body fat and how I look in the mirror instead of the scale weight.
  • TheJayRay01
    TheJayRay01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 years old and 5'5 and I was wondering if 110 was resonable or not. right now im at 145 and my goal from the begining was 110 but is this reasonable?
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @TheJayRay01--While BMI should not be the only health factor to base your goal weight on, at 5'5" and 110 lbs, you would be considered underweight. I personally don't think it is reasonable. 120ish probably is. It also depends on your bone frame size and how much lean body mass you have.

@OP--I think it depends on your body fat %. I'm also (almost) 5'3" and I know that 110 is doable, but not easily. The only reason I could go for that goal is because I have small bones and hardly any muscle mass at all. I would find out how much of your weight is fat. If you have a larger frame or more muscle, then 110 lbs may not be a realistic (healthy) goal.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Find out approximately what you're lean body mass is, and that will tell you whether or not your goal weight is reasonable.

I use http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html to get an estimate of body fat and lean mass. I know it's not exact, but it can put you in the ballpark.

For instance, in high school and my early 20s, I was around 110-115 and quite thin. I'm currently around 135 pounds and approximately 20% body fat. That puts my lean body mass at about 107 pounds. So if my bones, organ and muscle alone weigh 107 pounds, there's no frickin' way I can safely weigh 110 pounds again, without losing a buttload of my lean mass.

If I plug my old weight and measurements into that calculator, when I was a skinny little young'un, I only had about 92 pounds of lean mass. That's 15 pounds less than I have now.
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    DO NOT use online tools to work out lean mass or body fat, they are highly inaccurate (some by 10%). Get a professional to do at least a skinfold caliper test.
    FYI muscle does not weigh more than fat - 1lb of fat is the same weight as 1lb of muscle, however if you got the same volume of both, the muscle would weigh more.
    Guess it depends on what you really want, a smaller number on the scale, or a firmer tighter body. Try not weighing yourself for a month and focus on how your clothes feel and measurements.
    As for staying on track, find out what your trigger points are and work on them. For example, Friday nights used to be home, glass of wine and pizza. Now I make a point of refusing work drinks and heading to the gym instead. By the time I get home, the urge to 'be naughty' has disappeared.