Meal Plan

Options
Is everyone here following the meal plan that came with the program? I talked to my doctor and she took my measurements and stats so to speak in order to figure out how many calories I should eat to lose weight safely. The plan that comes with the program only allows 1200 calories a day. I take some ideas from the plan, but I am looking to tone and be healthy not lose insane amounts of weight. I'm just curious because people seem to be having a lot of positive results, but I don't know if that's because of both tools or the exercise program mixed with other eating habit variations.

Replies

• aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    For the Kickstart week, I followed the eating plan, but I only did the morning workouts. I did not eat exactly what she specifies for each day: I chose different items but stayed in her meals as she directs.

For me, I knew it was important to have some good results the first week. I will stay more motivated moving forward.

Moving on into the plan, I plan to use her guidelines and recipes, but also add my own recipes as well. Using Myfitnesspal will help as I plan to monitor my calorie intake. I hope to stay around 1200 calories a day but the key is to make sure I am burning more than I am eating.

I am going to continue to adhere to JM's NEVER food lists. Most of them makes sense for clean eating and I am sure they will aid in my success. The only ones that surprise me are the not eating raw broccoli and cabbage - and no Strawberries. Who ever heard of not eating Strawberries???
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No, I don't follow it. I am real picky. LOL.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do not follow it. 1200 is not enough for me.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    For the Kickstart week, I followed the eating plan, but I only did the morning workouts. I did not eat exactly what she specifies for each day: I chose different items but stayed in her meals as she directs.

For me, I knew it was important to have some good results the first week. I will stay more motivated moving forward.

Moving on into the plan, I plan to use her guidelines and recipes, but also add my own recipes as well. Using Myfitnesspal will help as I plan to monitor my calorie intake. I hope to stay around 1200 calories a day but the key is to make sure I am burning more than I am eating.

I am going to continue to adhere to JM's NEVER food lists. Most of them makes sense for clean eating and I am sure they will aid in my success. The only ones that surprise me are the not eating raw broccoli and cabbage - and no Strawberries. Who ever heard of not eating Strawberries???

I was puzzled too when I read about no cabbage and broccoli- I thought it's because they'll make you gassy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But I still don't understand why can't we eat strawberries? And no, I don't follow her meal plan as well, I eat around 1600 cals- anything below that makes me very dizzy and nauseous.
  • julsinfinite
    Options
    HI All,

YES I follow the plan religiously!

I do not have hardly much weight to lose, I've just been recycling the same 20 pounds for the past years. I am an emotional eater and a run a stressful lifestyle. The reason why I have been plateauing is largely I believe due to my diet, not just my exercise. I use snacks as a emotional coping mechanism, and the kinds of food I took were mostly for convenience on the road.
    I love that she includes a meal plan, which I have been diving into head on and its been crazy! I LOVE THE FOOD! I can't describe until you try it because its not just about calories in and out here. Its about making real wholesome down to goodness food from scratch that affects your metabolism at its core level with the lack of preservatives in them.

If you are interested in following my journey, I have created a blog which I will be posting to daily describing how I prepare the meals and detailing my progress with the entire 90 days of workouts. I do not in any way work for Jillian (huh i wish)

I highly recommend following the Fat Burning Meal Plan as closely as possible just because I have experienced it and broke out of my plateau I believe not just because of the workouts but because I changed what goes into my body. Believe me I DO NOT COOK and hate cooking. It took me a whole week prior to starting the program to convince myself. Before this, my main foods were frozen entrees, which never satisfied me, thats partly why I snacked so much too.

I did the 7 Day Kickstart with great success as well.

Here is my blog-
    http://julsinfinite.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there! I love encouraging others and hope to inspire you towards your goals as your inspire me.
    juls