Where do you buy your clothes??

Options
I am wondering where you buy your clothes..

Bras
Pants
Shirts
Underwear

I can not find a bra that fits around me at Walmart or Target.
Do I have to go online or something for me to fit one?

Plus should I wait til I lose weight to start buying clothes or buy them now? Even tho i don't have the money to do so..

Replies

• bearjr30
    bearjr30 Posts: 19
    Options
    Romans is a good place to start...they normally have good deals for stuff...and they carry everything..another one is women within...i don't know about how expensive women within is but i normally would go to romans..they sell everything...you asked for...
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I will only wear bras and underwear from Lane Bryant.
    Clothes I just pretty much any where else.
  • xandreahmx
    xandreahmx Posts: 3
    Options
    Ive bought many things from Woman Within. Their bras are a bit expensive but they last a long time. The three I bought from there Ive had for four years, and still wear them at times. Shirts are on sale there alot, and its mostly online although they will send you a catalog if you want thru the website. Pants are a bit more, usually around 20 per pair which is pretty normal everywhere I guess, but usually they have a sale going. Theyre good on sales... they have a lot of them. And you can also apply for a woman within card with them and the monthly payments arent that bad. I think if you need a couple of things to do you until you lose more weight, you should buy them. You can always buy a belt or readjust the bra if need be... but you shouldnt go without these things if you really need them.
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much help I'll be since I'm sort of a tomboy and frequent the mens section more than womens. The only thing I get that are specifically made for women is undergarments and Jeans. I even wear men's shoes (which have the added benefit of having a wider width)

Bras- The boxed Bras (Like playtex and JMS)($17-10) at Wal-mart go up to a band size 50. If you need a cup size over DD your out of luck though and I can't help you there (I'm barely a C nowadays xD)

Pants- Old Navy sweetheart jeans ($29.99) have a wider waistband than the other cuts and from experience they seem to be a whole size bigger. They carry up to size 20 in the store which fits more like a 22 to me and they have up to size 30 something on site.

At JCPenny the St. johns bay jeans ($25) are nice an go up to size 24 and have some good stretch to them they also have another brand That's name is like ana ($32ish)or something and they run a little smaller. JCPenny's women section has been slowly dimishing ever since the price changed however so there is never much too choose from.

Walmart- Have some jeans without a traditional button + zipper fly waistband that I wore when I was 360+ quality sucks but very stretchy and they only cost $16

Shirts- Wal-mart has men's graphic tees that can go up to a 3x ($7.50) and regular solid color Tees that go all the way up to a 4x ( <--I've been there unfortunately).

Underwear - I've never found a happy medium for this section sadly. I've always bought the cheap multipacks, but the elastic is always comes out in the wash and i'm too much of a cheapo to buy fancy pants unless someone else is going to be seeing them >.> But at Ross you can sometimes finds cute panties in extended sizes that won't break the bank.

Not really my style but Torrid has some cute girly stuff you have to give up your arm and your leg to pay for them though.
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    Well since I'm not anywhere near any decent stores out there, I am a Walmart person pretty much. A few nice shirts I have gotten off of ebay though. I go to the "shops" where you can input in what size you are looking for. The "shops" are brand new clothes, just make sure you check their measurments....some brands are lot diff in sizes.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    in past I've shopped at Catherines a lot..a little pricey but they carry the larger Brassiers..I wear a DD DDD depending on size and they have them stocked so you can try them on - once I know what size/brand I like I can order more online from Catherines or woman within..one stop plus is another side i've used. Being 5'1" its hard to find petite fat lady clothes that dont look grandma so online has been a good way to go - but next time I get clothes (i am hoping for a new outfit or two next month if i can afford it) I will only shop at catherines so I can try stuff on!! A coworker of mine also can find stuff at Fashion Bug in their plus size section, but I think too big for that.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Random bra thing i learned: did you know that 46DD and 44DDD are the same size! You can add a letter and go down a size or add a size and lose a letter. Comes in handy when one or the other are hard to find.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    catherines, (tshirt bra GREATEST THING EVER)
    avenue
    lane bryant
    fashion bug
    roamans
    woman with in
    cato
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I buy my jeans from Torrid out of the clearance section. I'm not opposed to spending that much on jeans, but it seems pointless when my body is changing so much. I'd rather splurge when I can wear the longer. I have the unfortunate (or perhaps fortunate, who knows) dilemma of being full figured but with a small bust. Therefore dresses, dress shirts, bras, etc are all tend to fit right everywhere and then be wayyyyy too loose in the bust. I found buying smaller bras and then using extenders works for me. Old Navy's shirts are also amazing and their plus sized things are good too.

Target (underwear, bras, extenders)
    Torrid.com - jeans in the clearance section
    Old Navy - a little of everything
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Whoops. ^^
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am in Canada, and I mostly shop at Pennington's, they have a good selection and a great clearance rack.....and wonderful promos, I actually just got a coupon in the mail I am going to use on Friday to buy $80 worth of clothes for $40......and they are one of the few places in Canada I can get F and G sized bras....

I buy my underwear at Wal-mart, and the odd other thing here and there......
  • brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a size 26, so I am no small thing by any means but I have gotten a bunch of really nice clothes from second hand shops, consignments stores, Ebay and craigslist. Cuts way down on the cost and allows me to be able to buy more.

My favorite bra is from Lane Bryant but I bought it new with tags from Ebay for half price :)
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well....Im a super fatty so clothes are tricky, yet I seem to have 2.5 wardrobes (closets) full and a chest of drawers, lol.

Bras I tend to go for Glamorise (?) From OneStopPlusUSA (they ship to the UK! YAY!)

Jeans I get from OSP (I cant find clothes to fit me in the UK other than the odd top here and there off of ebay)

T shirts I get from Sanctuarie. I like Ts with smart *kitten* sayings and cute pics on....so they are my peeps!

Cargo pants/shorts I get from King Size Direct. The sizing is different cos it is dudes clothes, but I do get some cute things like hoodies and things.

Underwear Kmart or Walmart JMS.

I am an odd shape. I am 5'10" and I swear to god my torso is the 5' and my legs are the 10" lol. It is a PAIN!!! I wear bigger clothes than most people my weight because I do have excess skin from previous weight loss. But hey ho, good thing Im not a girly girl or I would die, lol
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    love your attitude thatfatgirl!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks haha! My attitude has served me well, though it does get me in trouble sometimes :wink:
  • lolita1982
    lolita1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Carithers our fashion bug
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Old Navy online saves my LIFE :) Walmart for everyday underwear. I also buy shirts, sweats, other casual clothes there (in both the men's and women's sections). Target for a few work items (my Target has like 3.5 racks of plus-size clothes, but they are cute). And Lane Bryant for bras.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Random bra thing i learned: did you know that 46DD and 44DDD are the same size! You can add a letter and go down a size or add a size and lose a letter. Comes in handy when one or the other are hard to find.

They do sometimes work, but technically the 46 is the band size and the letters reference the bust size. Each letter up is an addiaional inch. However that rarely is the actual as far as bra fitting anymore. Things are a little different depending on what manufacturer.

As far as where I shop, mostly I buy in Canada, at Penningtons, and Additionalle. I went to Vegas recently and shopped at Lane Bryant and JC Penny. I was very surprised at JC Penny.
  • CleanKim
    CleanKim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recently started wearing the Genie Bra. I hate bras! And would prefer to not wear them. I always have gone to Lane Bryant for my bras, but gave in and ordered the Genie. It is not as supportive as a regular bra, but for most days it suits me fine. Very comfy.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I shop at Avenue and Catherines when I need to get something right away. Catherine's, specifically, will have a lady help you in the dressing room to find out your right bra cup and band size and has a large array of bras and undies. Just my size brand has tons of good stuff you can get on the internet for bras and undies. I wear their sports bras for daily/non dress up.

I get the majority of my clothing online, ebay has a lot of good stuff and lots of little independant producers that make larger sizes of just about everything can be found on a google search for specific items.