What is your must-see film this summer?

Options
bdhoward87
bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
As summer approaches us so too do the summer blockbusters. My question is what film are you most eager to see this summer and why?

For me I can't wait to see The Dark Knight Rises. I love Christopher Nolan's films and feel that he is one of the most influential directors of this generation.

Replies

• khloe_rebecca
    khloe_rebecca Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can wait to see The Dark Night Rises either :D I also cant wait to see Frankenweenie :D
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Avengers, Whedon did a really good job on the X-Men comics, so I know he knows his comics and I can't wait to see what he did with this.
    Amazing Spider-Man, I am in the minority that didn't like Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man, although the movies as a whole weren't bad. I think Garfield is a better fit, so I'm hoping for the best.
    The Dark Knight Rises, I've been a Nolan fan ever since I got a screener copy of Memento summer of 2001.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    That's My Boy is one I won't miss, I love Sandler and Samberg.....

Not really a fan of action, and it does not seem like a lot of great comedies are coming out this summer...

There was nothing at all to see at the movies this week, and next week's posting just went up, and nothing again.....:angry:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am a geek so all the comic based superhero movies... Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, Amazing Spiderman...lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I was reading an Entertainment Weekly today at the dentist, and I saw another movie that I will go see this summer

The Campaign

Looks like it might be very funny.....

There was one other one too, but now I cannot remember what it was called....
  • bdhoward87
    Options
    I think I'm going to add Borne Legacy, Killer Joe, and maybe Ted to my list of summer movies. Prometheus is on the fence for me because I feel that the movie can go either way and being a big fan of the Alien series I really don't want it ruined.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I think I'm going to add Borne Legacy, Killer Joe, and maybe Ted to my list of summer movies. Prometheus is on the fence for me because I feel that the movie can go either way and being a big fan of the Alien series I really don't want it ruined.

Ted is SO strange looking.....not sure if I will see that or not....

Neighborhood Watch was the name of the other comedy I could not think of yesterday....
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The Avengers
    Dark Shadows
    Men In Black III
    Prometheus
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    Savages
    The Dark Knight Rises
    The Bourne Legacy

And for some fluff, Hick, Brave, That's My Boy, ParaNorman

.. and I don't have a real reason for any of them other than I love movies, especially action and it's something me and my kid share together
  • dommie06
    dommie06 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    snow white and the huntsman just because kristen stewart is in it
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i cant wait to see avengers and ab lincoln: vampire hunter.
  • amy12321
    amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I saw the Avengers on opening night and it's going to be hard for anything else to beat that but:
    Prometheus
    The Amazing Spiderman
    The Dark Night Rises
  • bdhoward87
    Options
    Just saw the trailer for God Bless America and it looks really funny. I hope that it opens to a wider audience so that I can see it in theaters.
  • batmanfreak1
    Options
    Dark Knight Rises all the way!!!! I am one of the biggest batman fans you will ever meet. I saw Avengers and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!..... but I think those are the only 2 movies I'll see this summer. I'll wait for the others to hit dvd.
  • NewtonCrosby
    NewtonCrosby Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The Expendables 2 - I grew up watching most of these guys. Love the 80's action throwback of the first one and think this one will be at least as good as that if not better.

Dark Knight Rises - I know it will be great, Nolan has done awesome things with the batman franchise but I'm a little weary of the story line. Hearing little blurbs about the movie here and there, seeing the trailers, and knowing some of the actually comic book story line involved with this particular villian i worry I might know where the story is going and I don't particularly care for it. Hopefully I am wrong, Nolan is an intelligent filmaker he knows what he is doing. That said, regardless of the direction of the movie, I have no doubt it will be a fun, action packed, beautifully filmed, summer blockbuster
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    I think The Bourne Legacy trailer looks awesome. I'm kind of on the fence about Total Recall but I think I might give it a try as well.
  • NewtonCrosby
    NewtonCrosby Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing The Bourne Legacy posters all over and never really gave it any thought. I went and watched the trailer for it and must admit it definitely has potential. Jeremy Renner is one of those actors who I never actually seek out but when he pops up in movies, more often than not, I'm pleasantly surprised. I might have to check this one out to see how he carries over the franchise.

missmorninglory - I am right there with you on Total Recall, on the fence. Loved the one from 1990, haven't been in love with the trailers for the new one, i don't hate them mind you, just haven't seen anything that makes me say "I gotta go see this!" I'll probably wait and see what others say about it and wing it from there.
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    I've been seeing The Bourne Legacy posters all over and never really gave it any thought. I went and watched the trailer for it and must admit it definitely has potential. Jeremy Renner is one of those actors who I never actually seek out but when he pops up in movies, more often than not, I'm pleasantly surprised. I might have to check this one out to see how he carries over the franchise.

missmorninglory - I am right there with you on Total Recall, on the fence. Loved the one from 1990, haven't been in love with the trailers for the new one, i don't hate them mind you, just haven't seen anything that makes me say "I gotta go see this!" I'll probably wait and see what others say about it and wing it from there.

Exactly! On all counts =) I am a Jeremy Renner fan and I was a little concerned about him becoming the 'new' Bourne but the trailer is pretty impressive. I was also pretty excited about Total Recall but the trailer just doesn't 'grab' you like it should.
  • jcclsn
    jcclsn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So far I've seen Avengers, Prometheus, Abe Lincoln vampire, and Snow White. Loved Avengers and Abe and just liked the other two. I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight, Bourne, and The Watch. I'm only the fence about spider man but mostly because I'm tired of seeing the trailer. Completely agree about Jeremy Renner - he's pretty good.
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    So far I've seen Avengers, Prometheus, Abe Lincoln vampire, and Snow White. Loved Avengers and Abe and just liked the other two. I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight, Bourne, and The Watch. I'm only the fence about spider man but mostly because I'm tired of seeing the trailer. Completely agree about Jeremy Renner - he's pretty good.

I'm so glad you mentioned Abe Lincoln! I have some extra time this week and I was trying to decide if I should check it out. I haven't seen Prometheus and I was pretty disappointed with Snow White.

The rest of my summer is all about waiting for The Bourne Legacy. I can't wait to see this movie!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I think The Watch looks ok....not sure, wish it did not have a sci-fi tone, or I would see it for sure...

Anyone see Ted yet? Can't decide if I want to see that or not.

I was hoping as people saw movies they would post a topic for them like I have been doing, but not sure if that is happening, lol