Going back on Medifast

Options
I've been doing great with my food & exercise but have reached a 7 day stall. I have a lot of Medifast products from were I attempted the program in the past but didn't stick with it. I must confess, if I followed the program it did work. My goal for the rest of May is to bust out of the 200's to never return.

Replies

• litelight
    litelight Posts: 53
    Options
    My restart was easier by doing this: breaking the lean & green into 2 meal, and eating every 2 hours (7 meals instead of 6). I also drank 128 ozs of water. The commitment is stronger than ever now!
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My restart was easier by doing this: breaking the lean & green into 2 meal, and eating every 2 hours (7 meals instead of 6). I also drank 128 ozs of water. The commitment is stronger than ever now!

Good ideas! I'm starting back on MF 100% tomorrow!!
  • nstratton_1
    nstratton_1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been successful on MF before - but in the past EMOTIONAL EATING caused me to go off program before I reached my goal. I have to say that each time I've done MF, I've learned something.

MFP and the FitBit as well as getting a health coach and focusing on developing Habits of Health - instead of just losing weight - are the result of learning from previous attempts (good and bad). I'm learning to handle my emotions differently - without stuffing my feelings with food!

Another learning - in the past, I wasn't measuring or recording everything - as a result I was sabotaging myself. In 2010, I lost 40 pounds in 12 weeks on MF (3.3 lb/wk average). This time, with measuring food for L&G, watching my total NET calories per day and being more active (thanks to Fit Bit and calorie goal) I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks...a much faster pace (3.75 lb/wk average).

The program works...I've learned that I need to focus my attention equally on my mental, emotional, social and spiritual health as well as doing the program for the physical health aspects.

Keep sharing your challenges, your successes and learnings - we can do this...together!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I made it through 7 days on the plan and it's not that big of a deal again. I hate that it feels so Herculean to start. I wish there wasn't a dinner party in the middle of my first week because the 2 glasses of wine were a bit of a sabotage. But all in all, I guess I am ok with it now, I am Also using the fitbit.