30's Daily - 5/14

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Paul - how was the stag party?

Yesterday I got up and went to yoga. I didn't want to go on an empty stomach, so I ate a quick packet of oatmeal before I left. Class itself was good, the instructor (for that class anyway) was really nice and helpful, and she gladly gave me some hamstring stretches when I asked after class. I still don't get the whole breathing thing, but the stretches itself felt awesome, and there was really only one I couldn't do (well, besides touching my toes :laugh: ) So anyway, when I came home, apparently my daughter had wanted to make me breakfast for Mother's Day, and got a packet of oatmeal out herself and asked DH to help her make it. By the time they looked in the sink and realized I'd already had some, it was cooked. So I had a double dose of fiber yesterday :tongue:

Garden: Got the asparagus staked, the beds weeded, potatoes planted, and lettuce seedlings transplanted. Perfect timing for the lettuce, as it's supposed to be cooler and rainy today and tomorrow. Yesterday was gorgeous, 80 or so and perfectly sunny. We even put the kids in suits and squirted them with hoses for a bit. Stupid me, put sunscreen on my face, chest and shoulders, but since DH wasn't around I forgot to do my back - I was wearing the racerback workout shirt from yoga all day, and I have two bright red patches on my back now :noway: Oh, and add to that I bobbled a knife yesterday and it stabbed me in the palm, I'm a hot mess. :tongue: Why do hand injuries bleed so much? In any case, all that yard work will help with my exercise minutes this week.

DH made dinner for us last night (I chose the recipes) and OMG YUM Chicken rollatini with procuitto and zukes with tomatoes from Skinnytaste. Definitely going into the rotation.

So, exercise really does make a difference for SIZE. Today I'm wearing a skirt that I bought when I was 5 lbs lighter than I am right now, and it fits me BETTER this time around! :bigsmile:

Back to the Monday grind here. Boo.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Based on Paul's status from this weeked, the stag party was a huge success . . . he barely remembers it. :laugh:

I'm sooooo off my game. Staying within my calories and really close to macros, getting my water everyday, but my sodium is just out of control and my schedule combined with crumby weather just isn't allowing me to get in all the exercise I'd like. :frown: Hopeing to turn it around this week. The sodium is still going to continue to plague me with limited time to prepare food in advance - all that convenience food really stacks up. In-laws are visiting this weekend so that means eating out at least once . . . another horrific sodium day, no doubt.

I got the rest of my Mother's Day gift. Not only do I have new trail running shoes, but now I have a belt with a pocket and bottle holster. Maybe the in-laws won't notice if I disappear for a couple of hours this weekend to hit the trails. :wink:

Debbie - don't play with knives! Or mandolins for that matter . . . Todd lost the tip of his pinky to one just about a month ago. OUCH!
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    Man oh man is anyone else feeling the fact that it is MONDAY?!?!?

It was so nice outside yesterday that work should be called off and another weekend day should be granted :laugh:

This week is going to be a tough one for me...every other week is! The hubby works 5/7 days one week and 2/7 the next making my time to workout hard on the 2/7 weeks and this is a 2/7 week. It is supposed to be nice this whole week in the 70-80's so my plan is lots of bike rides and having him join my toddler and I. I am thinking that tonight for dinner we will bike the 3.5 miles one way to subway to eat then bike home with a detour at the ice cream shop and the park for my son to run which will yield me a nice 7 mile ride and a healthy dinner. The test will be if the hubby will go for the plan :noway:

I hope everyone has a great Monday!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Despite the fact that I don't have to go to work, it STILL feels like a Monday (definitely rocking that "I don't wanna" feeling this morning). Kudos to all who shlepped their way into work today :drinker:

I still need to get more yard & garden work done, so today's goals are to (1) transplant some old Italian and Thai basil plants I have in my kitchen to the garden so I can start fresh on my indoor herb garden, (2) add some fittings to my new drip irrigation system so I can run sprinklers to the planters on my deck (which contain flowers, carrots, cucumbers, dill, strawberries, spearmint, and stevia), and (3) finally get around to running the string trimmer around the fence and landscaping (the grass there has gone to seed...I'm telling myself that's a good thing, since it will help fill in some rough patches...). Depending on my heat/irritation level, I'd also like to pull some old nails from the deck and replace them with screws so the surface is less ouchy on the feet. We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone's Monday is not too terribly annoying! :wink:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    afternoon, everyone!

i have been out of commission with a bum foot/lazy mindset for a couple of weeks, but i'm back in the game as of today. happy monday - make it work for you!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya folks, hope everyone had the best Monday possible. I just got home from work and that was a day that lasted a good 12 hours. How was my stag weekend you ask :smile:. Well I loved it, so much fun. We had a meal in an italian which was livened up by a drinking game involving thumbs and pointing. Then onto a local club for a concert which was great fun. Sadly by this point I'd had more than a few drinks and merry squiffiness kicked in shortly after. We went to a cocktail bar and made the fatal mistake of ordering drinks I'd head of from movies. The rest of the night is a little hazy although at one point i did have to be rescued from a toilet cubicle!
    Yesterday we all met up again and had dinner in a country pub which was nice. Felt great to be with some really lovely people for the weekend although my fiance was very jealous that they had seen me act all crazy (in general I'm very normal) and she missed it.

Tonight though it's straight back to the gym to try and reverse the effects of the weekend. Not sure how long it will take but it was worth it.
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Blah... Crappy Monday workout at the gym. Too much to do in a lunch hour to get in and really do anything other than run a little. Legs already starting to tighten up. Yesterday i got on a bike for about 25-30 min and really worked out the stiffness from playing baseball Saturday.

I need to get this dream of running out of my head or find something to protect my knees while i do it. I might be on a bike for a while, save the running for 1st to 3rd and pop-ups behind 1st.

Paul - Sounds like a good party

Chanstriste - Welcome back

Susan - They know you are going to run the trails for a while. It is all good. I will be working in the yard enough that i can pass on the gym.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Paul - well done putting the healthy regime on hold and enjoying your stag weekend! I'm jealous that I have no such excuse pending ;-) It won't take long to repair the damage, and I'm sure you've got a renewed enthusiam!!

I was planning to go out on my bike today, but at 10am the heavens opened, and I'm not sure how much fun the muddy trails would be in the rain. Lousy excuse, but I don't yet have the clothes for poor weather cycling. So I stayed in, emptied the ironing basket and played on the Wii until the batteries went flat - I'd had enough by then!

Tomorrow, I have to take my autistic son to see the paediatrician - and I normally take him out for lunch afterwards. Trying to formulate a plan for a lunch that I can calculate the calories of, and which doesn't cost too much - as money is tight at the moment, too!

I only have one real complaint today - who keeps emptying my water glass? Pretty much every other time I pick it up, it's empty and I have to go and fetch some more. It must be me, as no one else in this house would willingly drink water!!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Hello! The new weekly challenge is up! There is a fun new twist for this week... Check it out!

Yesterday's hike was murder (which I might have already mentioned). So far our "Sunday Hike Club" has done 7 hikes and this hike was 2x longer and the elevation gain was 4x greater. So I am really proud of how much we have gained in the last couple months. Hopefully we will be all trained up for our big trip out to Montana in 5 weeks!!

Today is our 1 year wedding anniversary. We are going out to a Giants game tonight! Should be lot's of fun!

Stacy - Welcome back! We missed you!

Bishop - I had to give up on running for awhile to protect my legs. If it helps you, I finally gave up on running when I realized I would get much better exercise doing something that didn't hurt me rather than trying to limp through a run.

Paul - Which Tv cocktails did you order? Did you drink a cosmo?!? :tongue:

Susan - How much trail running have you done? I would really like to do that when I get back into running. I guess I technically did some trail running yesterday because we were still out at 7pm with about (1.5 miles to go) so we alternated walking and running to try and beat night fall. (Also, we both needed to call our East coast moms.) Does survival trail running count??

Carrie - Good luck this week. I like your bike for food idea.

Debbie - Congrats on the clothing Victory!

Can I just say that I am really impressed with all the serious gardening that is going on in our group?! I keep telling myself I will plant at least an herb garden but never seem to get around to it. Now I have people to bug with gardening related questions! Better get to it.

Later,
    Sara Grace
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    hey all! still sick with no voice :sick: I went in to work today to do my Monday paperwork for 2 hrs and took rest of the day off and will be off tomorrow too...really hating that I can't really work out right now :frown: appetite is slowly coming back, I guess and I have been drinking a lot of fluids, water and green tea.

Hope u all are having a good one!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options

Paul - Which Tv cocktails did you order? Did you drink a cosmo?!? :tongue:

I had a White Russian because Jeff Bridges drinks loads of them in the Big Lebowski. Then i had a mojito which my memory was hazy on but i seem to remember it being in a joke on Family Guy.

Oh and thanks Clare. It was important for me to be able to put it to one side for the weekend and not feel bad about it. During a holiday at the beginning of the year i got so worked up about not being able to control my diet. I'm winning my mental battle.
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I work from home and today was without appointments so I had thought, easy catch up day. I got so busy with calls and such I just had my first meal at 6:30 PM. I think it is funny how I can get busy and hunger never shows up but other days I can not seem to eat enough and feel starving. Tomorrow I have a certification test I need to take to renew my cert and then a customer is flying in from out of town for meeting/Dinner and drinks. Wednesday I am speaking at an event and then headed to the Bahamas the rest of the week. I feel overwhelmed and am going to be having food mixed in with my work over the rest of the week and really am worried that I am going to be 10 pounds heavier by next Monday.

I did get lifting in today so that is a big plus. Oh, and I did not play with knives so my hands are in good shape lol.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Susan - How much trail running have you done? I would really like to do that when I get back into running. I guess I technically did some trail running yesterday because we were still out at 7pm with about (1.5 miles to go) so we alternated walking and running to try and beat night fall. (Also, we both needed to call our East coast moms.) Does survival trail running count??

I'm just skimming the surface . . . now that I'm all geared up I may get a bit more into it. Mostly just been hiking with a little jog thrown in here and there. I just take myself on the longest most winding trails and keep going until it circles me back to civilization. I get a lot more minutes in that way. :smile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Todd, what kind of problems do you have with your knees? I've had loads of issues from having them randomly pop out of joint to being diagnosed with a torn meniscus a few years ago, and even an unusually small knee cap making the whole knee pulley system less effective. At any rate, even with all of that I have no problems running using a stiff brace with a hole in it for the knee cap (don't know why that makes a difference, but that's what was recommended). I'm sure it wouldn't hold up if I started distance running, but for my couple time a week jogs it does just fine and I don't have any pain. I also find that I have to run on flat surfaces, so only sidewalks or very groomed trails to avoid potentially tweaking it.

I go back and forth on how worthwhile the running v. possible injury thing is, sick as it is I do enjoy it so I'm always a bit hesitant to give it up. I did take a several month break over this past winter, but of course now that the weather is nice I'm back at it! It just doesn't seem worth exercising indoors when the weather is nice! I will probably go back to some outdoor lap swimming once the public pools open, though, so I guess I will get another break soon enough.

So my weekend food intake was totally off the charts. I don't know what got into me, but I'm suffering the food hangover today as my body is trying to readjust and wants me to just keep eating! Going to do my best to keep it a healthy night!