Ordered Body Rev Today & Am Scared!!!

Options
vhines57
vhines57 Posts: 58 Member
Hello!

I hope you don't mind me joining the group....

I just ordered Body Revolution today and am really scared...

I think I can handle the workouts, but giving up the food is going to be paiful. I can't wait to read your successes to keep me motivated :)

Wish Me Luck!

Replies

• kpittman0612
    Options
    I am on Week 7 and so far have lost 3 inches overall and 7 pounds. I am NOT following her diet plan as I found it too restrictive and not foods that I care to eat. I take measurements at the end of each Phase and I log my weight every Sunday or Monday morning. I have several Jillian workouts and I will say I LOVE the Body Revolution. It's such an awesome total body workout that leaves you feeling pretty great! I found that I have to wake up and do mine before I go to work as I have two small children that take up my whole evening.

Best advice is stick with it. No matter what just push play! There are PLENTY days where I'd rather sleep in but I get up, put on my sneakers and push play. I have not regretted one single workout yet! And I will say I HATE Cardio 2! It HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck! You will LOVE the changes in your body!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Body Revolution. I am in my 8th week, but I just started week 7 workouts (I added an additional week of workouts 5 & 6). I LOVE it! So far, I've lost 18.2 lbs. I haven't measured in weeks, but I've lost tons of inches. I have a lot to lose, so I may have lost more than others. I love it! It's amazing what you can do, if you just try1 You'll be fine!
  • pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared. Get excited!

The exercise plan is easy enough to follow. It will challenge you! I did her kickstart week and ate from her recipe ideas. About week 3 was where I felt sure of myself in the nutrition department and just substituted. I still eat cleanly, just other recipes. You purchased this program and that is what it is. Read all the materials and understand the importance of nutrition, sleep, water intake, exercise. Empower yourself.

And welcome to the group! We all do something a bit differently but we all are working our butts off.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love Body Revolution- I'm on week 6 right now- I haven't really lost much weight but I lost couple of inches. I'm not following her meal plan as well.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Hello!

I hope you don't mind me joining the group....

I just ordered Body Revolution today and am really scared...

I think I can handle the workouts, but giving up the food is going to be paiful. I can't wait to read your successes to keep me motivated :)

Wish Me Luck!

It's okay to be scared! So was I! Before this JM program I HATED her. Her videos were long and painful and I couldn't get through one fully. But then I saw this infomercial and figured 30 minutes a day was totally doable. Sometimes I still hate Jillian, but this time it's because she's kicking my butt and I feel accomplished. The gradual progression in this program is what I love the best. She has me doing exercises I never thought I'd ever be able to do. I started phase 2 today and I am happy. I've lost about 3 pounds and can really see the muscle tone my body has gained.

As for the food, don't kill yourself worrying about it. The recipes Jillian gives you are good and have filling ingredients. Don't feel like you have to follow the plan religiously, either. Do what is best for you. I talked to my doctor about the plan beforehand so for me personally I eat more than 1200 calories per day.

With all that said, best of luck! Don't get discouraged. The best thing about this program is that you can modify it to make it easier or harder. If it takes you a little bit to get the hang of it, who cares? Slow and steady wins the race. Have a great time and enjoy!
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Cardio 2 hurts? Uh oh. I start that on Wednesday. Cardio 1 drove me nuts with those stupid suicides & the running man. Guess I gotta suck it up; thanks for the warning! =)
  • megangintx
    megangintx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine today! I can't wait to start!
  • ttomlinson
    ttomlinson Posts: 22
    Options
    I would rather do suicides than the running man ANY day! Looking for friends to support me along the way. Feel free to add me if you are doing the 90 day body revolution.
  • vhines57
    vhines57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My Body Rev arrived today & I tried out the Cardio 1 & I love the suicides!!

The running mans are horriffic, but other then that, it was fun!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine today, simultaneously scared and excited!
  • pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My Body Rev arrived today & I tried out the Cardio 1 & I love the suicides!!

The running mans are horriffic, but other then that, it was fun!

Those running mans come back later, too. I hated those but now I can do them. Someone suggested to focus on one thing in the room while you get through that one minute interval because it can be distracting watching the dvd as it moves around the room. It helped!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine May 15 and I am biting my nails waiting for it! Keep letting me know how it's going, please? I feel like a lot of people are way ahead of me, I'd love to connect with other newbees :-)

Come ON already, fedex!!!! mama needs her butt kicked!

Steph