WORKOUT 7 = OUCH!

Options
NovemberJune
NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
In a good way. Lol. I did workout 7 for the first time on Friday. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday my abs were so sore! It was one of those workouts where I didn't even feel like I was doing the moves well enough to make a difference.... I'm guessing I was wrong about that! ;)

Well Saturday I did Workout 8 and planned to do 7 again on Sunday. I was too sore for that so i did no more trouble zones instead. Monday is my rest day.... so today is workout 7 round 2 :|

LOL. My abs feel ok today, so hopefully it will go well.

I think this is the sorest I've been in BR. Anyone else feel this way after workout 7?

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I just did workout 3 yesterday and I feel like that! I'm interested to hear what the other members say. Great job on staying with it!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Workout 7 was a killer for me the very first time My abs and triceps were sore for days!!!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    After doing all 12 workouts, workout #7 and workout #11 are my votes for the toughest!!
  • jmmscccslp
    jmmscccslp Posts: 42
    Options
    After doing all 12 workouts, workout #7 and workout #11 are my votes for the toughest!!
    Thank goodness! I was thinking that if things keep progressing like this I'm in trouble! lol! 7 is painful!
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    Thank goodness! I was thinking that if things keep progressing like this I'm in trouble! lol! 7 is painful!

Lol yea that's a little reassuring!!! I usually have a harder time with the odds. ;)
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    Workout 7 was a killer for me the very first time My abs and triceps were sore for days!!!

While I'm doing the workout, my arms are feeling it!!!! But then after, it's my abs that are sore. Kinda strange. ;)
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    Ok I just did it for the second time. We'll see how I feel mañana. :)
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    Oh boy. I just did workout 3 yesterday and I feel like that! I'm interested to hear what the other members say. Great job on staying with it!

Workout 3 and 4 are a big step up from 1 and 2! Keep it up and you'll be feeling the effects of 7 soon enough. Lol!
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    Well my abs feel ok today! lol. I was secretly hoping they'd be super sore again ;)
    Workout 8 tonight if all goes to plan.
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    i just finished my first day of week 7, and i totally agree! I could not believe how tough it was! my whole body is STILL shaking!

although i was super excited that i could do the pushups with my legs crossed, i think my butt was a little too high, but i'm basking in that accomplishment anyway. :)

We'll see how sore i am tomorrow!
  • Jmfo1
    Jmfo1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Totally agree! All those pushup and plank moves are killer. I'm having to really modify the first set because I just don't have the strength to stay up in plank. I'm still sore overall but I'm really going to try to push myself next round of workout 7. I'm gonna be honest....it's my least favorite workout so far, but I'm sure that's because it just points out how much work I need to do :-)
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 6 and all of this talk is making me scared for what I'll be presented with in Monday! Gotta love a challenge :frown:
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ack!!! I start Workout 7 on Monday!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow - I find a huge step up from 6 to 7! I didn't find 8 to be as tough, probably because there are not all the planks, pushups and multi-step moves as there are in 7.

Crow pushups - what is the secret? Why do they look so smooth and easy when Jillian and the crew are doing them? Am I placing my hands too far forward or not wide enough? I'm seriously concerned that I might land on my face and break my nose. They're unnatural is what they are!
  • gerbies
    Options
    I just completed workout 7 for the first time and I didn't find it to be that big of a jump from 6. Of course, I may find myself super sore tomorrow and be eating my words :). What definitely helped me was previewing the workout yesterday so I understood what the moves are/were. Believe me, I got a great workout, but I was able to do it all. I was shocked that I could do the crow push-ups (though I don't go down as far in my push-ups as I usually do) or the one legged push=ups. I totally assumed I would not be able to do them and I did! I really like that workout...LOVE those star jumps...though if she had asked me to do even one more, I would have probably cried...lol. I previewed workout 8 after I finished 7 today and it looks harder to me than 7. Those darn lunge/squat combos look killer!
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I did not like Workout 7 at all! I would place it in a category with Cardio 2 and then BURN THEM! UGHH!

However, I really enjoyed Workout 8. I felt strong! I love the changes in my body so I'm gonna keep chugging along!
  • gerbies
    Options
    Though I wasn't crazy sore this morning (post-workout 7), I felt some tightness in my abs. Gotta love that! I didn't find workout 8 too crazy either (except for circuit 3), but I was still learning the moves. I still can improve my range of motion with lunge, reverse curl combo. What was up with Circuit 3...it was a killer. I do not have 3 lb weights, so I used 5s. I had to drop one 5 on the one-legged/warrior 3 hold and just hold a single 5 lb weight with both hands. Crazy!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    OMG that workout was hard! I did it for the first time today. I even pulled out the 5 lb weights for those Ws. I thing 8 lbs would have killed me. The superset in circuit 1 about knocked me on my behind. I will be hurting tomorrow. Is 8 this bad???

My calorie burn was down too? I am not sure what is up with that. Maybe it's from me trying to figure things out this morning. Hopefully it goes back up next time.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I totally agree workout 7 was a KILLER- especially i find the first circuit wtih crow pushups, and all the plank exercises- my wrists were hurting the most at the end :)
    I couldn't do tricep exercises with the cable, was using 5lb weights in each hand- it's just my green cable is very short- and it's impossible for me to do most of cable exercises- I'm 5'9". But i"m pretty happy with my calories burn- 324 in 35 minutes very good for me!!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yep - Workout 7 was a beast! My least favorite of the bunch, so far (I'm starting Phase 3 today... workouts 9 & 10..eek!)