7 day trip coming up

Options
I managed to snag another week off of work and will be able to hike for 7 days. I will be meeting up with the guy that I hiked with earlier this year.

It's a little hard to plan though. I won't know where I am hiking until the week before so I don't know what the resupply situation is. I am just excited to get another long trip in :)

Replies

• ktbkitten
    ktbkitten Posts: 63
    Options
    You'll have to let us know all about it when you get back!! Have fun! :drinker:
  • mountainmojo34
    mountainmojo34 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome - hike on! :)
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Jealous!!

I just ordered a new super lightweight sleeping pad from the Clymb, 18.5 ounces and it's insulated. This is to replace my other ridiculously lightweight pad that is not insulated. :tongue: I can't wait to get out!
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    which pad did you get. I have the neo-air and it's been fine for me although I don't get out when it's real cold.
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I got the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Women's Peak Oyl Lite. I used the Big Agnes Air Core last year but froze my butt off in the fall because it's not insulated. It's fine for mid-summer, but not for the shoulder seasons or for really high elevations where it's always cold at night. Several of the NeoAirs are insulated, so yours might be one of those.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mystery trip. Sounds like fun. My husband and I hiked in the Cataloochie area of the Smokys, recently. Boogerman Trail, and yes, we hiked the 8 miles for the name alone. Have fun.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Mystery trip. Sounds like fun. My husband and I hiked in the Cataloochie area of the Smokys, recently. Boogerman Trail, and yes, we hiked the 8 miles for the name alone. Have fun.

^ ha. she said booger...man!

OP - how soon are you leaving? Have a great trip! :flowerforyou:
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I head out on June 1 to my mystery destination. All I know is Virginia. This gives me a couple of weeks to try and come up with some healthier eats for the trail