Starting NROWL Today!

Options
I haven't dedicated whole days to strength training in many years - I'm going to do two days a week (Monday-Wednesday), with my regular boot camp class on Fridays. Any words of advice? How soon until y'all started seeing the results (I'm pretty happy with my body currently but have to wear a halter bridesmaid dress in three weeks!)?

Replies

• TikiTanya
    TikiTanya Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting tonight too, good luck! Little nervous about what weights I should start with initially on the squats and rows especially.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week - just starting to see some muscle definition....I do have quite a lot of fat covering it though!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this after JM Body Revolution (about a month from now) and I was wondering if any of you consulted a Trainer to learn the moves?

I'm thinking of doing that since I would be brand new to this type of lifting.

Meanwhile, Good Luck to all of you!!
  • slammy1079
    slammy1079 Posts: 97
    Options
    I've done some form of all these moves in the past - the only thing I'll need help on is setting up the barbells properly, I've always used free weights or kettlebells. So I'll probably ask them how to do that. :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm onto workouts 3A/B this week of stage 1. I can already see my biceps...

sooo happy!! :)
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i really like the way the workouts are designed. i'm frustrated right now because i'm having a hard time fitting the workouts in twice a week, so i will essentially be starting over next week when my kids get out of school and my mornings are freed up. looking forward to it!!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Had my first day of NROLW !! My myscle feel a bit sore already, feel that tomorrow is gonna be hard. But I liked what I did today and I can't wait for wednesday to try again the workouts :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Completed day one today.......dang those jackknifes are brutal!
  • JenniferMuriel
    JenniferMuriel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Um, what is NROWL?
    From all the posts about this ``NROWL``, I think it must be a weight lifting program...
    I`m hoping to start the `heavy lifting`quotient soon, and was thinking of buying kettle bells...is NROWL better? Thoughts and comments much appreciated!!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women. I started today too! I only have a few weights here at home, so it wasn't super challenging, but I have a feeling im going to be a little sore tomorrow. Im following the book by the letter, which means 2300 calories on lifting days, and 2000 calories on the days I do couch 2 5k. Im a little nervous about slowing down from my usual routine, but im going to give it a month before I weigh myself and freak out. I didn't put the weight on in six months right? Not like it will all return that quick!
  • JenniferMuriel
    JenniferMuriel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    THANKS!!:happy:
  • slammy1079
    Options
    First workout complete! I found it pretty challenging, so I guess I used enough weight...but it seemed really short! Does that make sense? According to my HRM it was 32 minutes (including the kettlebell swings I did while waiting for a guy to get done with the cable machine) and 243 calories. Not bad, but I did leave with this feeling of "this can't possibly be all."

I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when I try to move my arms tomorrow...:)
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    The first workout definitely seemed short. I can feel it in my arms and upper back today though!
  • slammy1079
    Options
    The first workout definitely seemed short. I can feel it in my arms and upper back today though!

Oy, me too. I can barely move! Rawr!