Arms...HELP!

Options
bnewperson
bnewperson Posts: 34 Member
You may have seen this on the other senior sites...I am leaving no stone unturned! Aging is the pits! My weight loss is going slow but my arm exercises are seemingly doing zilch! Anyone have any great exercises to firm up these wiggley, jiggley apendages (wish MFP had spell check - I want to add another "p" :smile: ) Thank you in advance for the help.

Replies

• GeemaQ
    GeemaQ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I joined this group looking for this topic. I am doing 3 sets of 10 with a 3lb weight...overhead arm curls....or drops. Starting in the elbow up position. Let you know how it works out...what are you doing?
  • jlynwhet
    jlynwhet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have just resolved myself to having what my grandsons "affectionately" call my "bingo wings." I figure if they weren't toned before I started losing weight I doubt they will ever get any better at this age. We lose muscle mass as we get older....yep, another one of those "golden oldies." I am resigned to never again wearing a sleeveless anything, unless I'm going swimming and then I take the attitude, "if you don't like it, don't look at it." LOL
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    TRICEPS...Google it and you will see so much info. My grandson physically showed me yesterday...that is how I learn, so maybe a friend or a grandchild could show you...Do not give up...It is slow but I believe firmly that we will get there..I started with a 3 lb..then 5 lb..now I am doing 8 lbs. Hope to move on up soon.:) Sorry..I am not one to give advice but I do learn from SEEING SOMEONE DO IT IN PERSON...hope you can too. Good Luck
  • GeemaQ
    GeemaQ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a neat thingy called a SPIN GYM.....hasn't come yet, but a nifty little portable gadget that you can use anywhere. I think Reba is advertising it. It is a bungee type thing, with handles, a spinner, and a DVD....I have hopes...I liked the video showing how to use it.
  • sandeev
    sandeev Posts: 44
    Options
    Let us know how well it works. Is there a web site that demos it? I could use some more arm work-outs gor the ole "bat wings".