yellow squash

Options
hi does anyone have a good recipe for yellow squash ??

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well I cut them up into 1" slices, steam them until barely tender. Then season with butter cooking spray and dill. Simple, but delicious. I like to do them with zuccini at the same time.
  • tradingfoods
    tradingfoods Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well I cut them up into 1" slices, steam them until barely tender. Then season with butter cooking spray and dill. Simple, but delicious. I like to do them with zuccini at the same time.
    that sounds really good thanks a bunch
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i eat a ton of yellow squash but mostly it is in stir fry... i did hollow them out and put seasoned ground turkey in them and then baked... those were yummy... i topped it with parmesean cheese
  • tradingfoods
    Options
    i eat a ton of yellow squash but mostly it is in stir fry... i did hollow them out and put seasoned ground turkey in them and then baked... those were yummy... i topped it with parmesean cheese
    that really sounds good thanks
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ANOTHER PERSON POSTED THIS UNDER CASSEROLES... THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SINCE ITS SQUASH..

Squash Casserole

About 6-8 diced and boiled squash.
    Drain and mash with butter.
    Add about 2 cups cheese of your choice and about 1 cup bread cubes of your choice.
    Salt and pepper
    2 eggs
    Mix it all up, pour into a greased casserole dish and bake at 375 about 30 minutes.
    You can also put a sprinkle of panko on top if you want a crunchy top for it.
  • tradingfoods
    Options
    ANOTHER PERSON POSTED THIS UNDER CASSEROLES... THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SINCE ITS SQUASH..

Squash Casserole

Add about 2 cups cheese of your choice and about 1 cup bread cubes of your choice.
    Salt and pepper
    2 eggs
    Mix it all up, pour into a greased casserole dish and bake at 375 about 30 minutes.
    thanks this sounds really good !!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Roast it with some olive oil. Lightly salt it. You could also marinade it in some italian dressing before hand... little garlic, some onion.... YUM Or put it on the grill.
  • tradingfoods
    Options
    Roast it with some olive oil. Lightly salt it. You could also marinade it in some italian dressing before hand... little garlic, some onion.... YUM Or put it on the grill.
    hi thanks that really sounds good too
  • tradingfoods
    Options
  • DuckDuckDuck
    DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I dont think that one is healthy at all! I grill mine :}
  • christyb77
    christyb77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I take diced yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, add a little low sodium dales Seasoning. Place on grill or in the oven until tender. OMG!! soooo yummyyyy! you can add other veggies also.
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love to roast mine with zucchini and eggplant. I get a whole bunch of those veggies, toss them with olive oil (or your choice), salt, pepper, garlic, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and put in the oven on 350 until tender - about 30 minutes I think. So delicious.
  • mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Squash Casserole

Salt and pepper
    2 eggs
    thanks this sounds really good !!

i wouldn't call it low cal...just sayin
  • synapsehart
    synapsehart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It may not be the healthiest because of pasta but I am in the proccess of getting my family to eat heathier as well wich is a bit of a challange.

I make a veggitarian spagettii with yellow squash, zucini (O,o sp), tons of onion, mushrooms, and garlic.

Also I'm switching to whole grain noodles. If you have a thick sauce and put the noodles in before they see, they don't even notice ;p
  • ZigsFigs
    ZigsFigs Posts: 6
    Options
    I make KILLER veggie lasagna with yellow squash and zucchini as my noodles as opposed to pasta. You can also cut them into long thin strips, boil them, and use them as spaghetti noodles.

Or, there's always legit spaghetti squash that I bake up for about an hour, then scoop out with a fork and eat with some homemade tomato sauce, low fat cottage cheese and mushrooms. :-)
  • JersryGirl31
    JersryGirl31 Posts: 167
    Options
    Instead of butter or oil, you can use an oil spray. Much healthier Be sure to use herbs and I like pepper. Don't cook it too much. I like it grilled (also asparagus, zucchini and eggplant
  • ddbuckner
    ddbuckner Posts: 3
    Options
    Bump
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My hubby grills them and just puts whatever seasoning on them that he is using on the meat he is grilling at the same time. They always come out delicious. My daughter was just asking for some yesterday.
  • Patsy165
    Patsy165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices and stirfry in nonstick pan with sliced onion and a splash of olive oil. The old me put cheddar cheese on them after they get cooked to the texture I like, but i'm trying to do without that these days. :smile: