Knee Pain anyone? I got over most of it.... :D

Options
sonal150
sonal150 Posts: 36 Member
Today I just finished Day 7!!!
I had bad knee pain, just above the knees on Day 4 and 5. It was very bad and I started thinking that I am damaging my keens. But I discovered something which seems to working well. I started doing these 2 things since Day 6 and I am noticing the difference.
1 ) I walked for 20 mins (I do brisk walking). But I think just some more warming up can do the knees some good. The jumping jacks, skipping did not hurt that much!

2) It was all in my form!! During Squat and Press I used to lift myself up with my knees, even though my knees were not bent forward (I figured it out when I observed that my weight was on my toes rather than the rest of the foot or the heel) When I started concentrating on my butt, that is when I started distributing my weight on rest of the feet and lifted myself up using my thighs/and butt :)
Also, during other exercises where I had to bend the knees I was making sure I stick my butt out, correct my form and lift from my thighs/butts and keep my weight on rest of the feet (NOT on my toes).

By doing this my knee pain has reduced by 70% . I hope this would help some of you with the knee problems during the 30DS.
Cheers!

Replies

• timmiegirl
    timmiegirl Posts: 7
    Options
    Great advice! I have seen a huge difference in my knees since I started. I agree the key is to watch your form and use your butt!
  • wendy8883
    wendy8883 Posts: 50
    Options
    Today I just finished Day 7!!!
    I had bad knee pain, just above the knees on Day 4 and 5. It was very bad and I started thinking that I am damaging my keens. But I discovered something which seems to working well. I started doing these 2 things since Day 6 and I am noticing the difference.
    1 ) I walked for 20 mins (I do brisk walking). But I think just some more warming up can do the knees some good. The jumping jacks, skipping did not hurt that much!

2) It was all in my form!! During Squat and Press I used to lift myself up with my knees, even though my knees were not bent forward (I figured it out when I observed that my weight was on my toes rather than the rest of the foot or the heel) When I started concentrating on my butt, that is when I started distributing my weight on rest of the feet and lifted myself up using my thighs/and butt :)
    Also, during other exercises where I had to bend the knees I was making sure I stick my butt out, correct my form and lift from my thighs/butts and keep my weight on rest of the feet (NOT on my toes).

By doing this my knee pain has reduced by 70% . I hope this would help some of you with the knee problems during the 30DS.
    Cheers!

Thanks for that because within the 1st 5min on the 1st day I hurt my knee and Ive been trying to just work through it.......
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Great advice. I will try to work on my form a bit more and hopefully that helps!